Forums Horror Movie Talk
Get a Taste of The Dark Tower Movie Now

I love to read books and The Dark Tower has to be my favorite series by far. Now, if any of my fellow Bidites followed the books then you know there is more to it than just books 1 to 7. Almost all of King's work ties into the Tower, but the one I'm focung on today is Hearts in Atlantis. Hearts is an extremely long de story to the Tower (about 675 pages),with the first part "breaking" down Ted Brautigan's escape from the low men. He's in hiding in the 1960's with a boy named Bobby Garfield and his mother Liz.

If you have never read the books, then you might as well stop reading this. Because for the movie to be fully understood you had to of read the books. Now for my friends that have read the books,lets begin.

If you loved the first part of the book then you will enjoy Hearts in Atlantis the movie. It wasn't a huge hit, but it does bring a good bit of the dark Tower to life. It stars Anthony Hopkins as Ted and (if you read the book) you know what ensues. I just rewatched this yesterday and was amazed by how closely it followed the first story. In the movie you get to see The Low Men and their Flashy Cars. You get a good feel of what its like for ted when he "spaces out" and most importantly you see the "misng pet gns" that are heavy through the book. My favorite part of the book was also in the movie,when bobby takes the carney's money at 3 card monte. This is a great watch to get ready for the Dark Tower movies and a perfect visual representation for any lover of the books. So if you find yourself with some free time in the next week or two Check out Hearts in Atlantis. It will not disappoint.

Stilesp1985 Monday 6/27/2011 at 05:57 PM | 77763