Forums Horror Movie Talk
More Info Rev's Up Regarding The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D

As we all know by now that a new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie is in the works. From what we've been hearing so far, it's gonna have nothing to do with the previous installments that Michael Bay toyed around with, instead, it'd be more associated with Tobe Hooper's original. Posbly a sequel.

What's Playing.com was able to offer up some new details regarding the film today, although it's still unclear whether these details are in fact solid.

The new film, set today, will see the authorities and some angry townspeople ambushing the Sawyer home - where Jeb Stuart is accused of carrying out his butchering.

Hooper, the local by-the-book sheriff, had agreed to give Leatherface/Jeb Sawyer a fair trial and grant him a good lawyer…. But that’s before local mayor Burt Hartman, an impong town tough-guy, arrives with a mob to see that the murderer/s don’t even make it past their front door. Though they both want justice, Hooper and Burt have different methods. Things escalate when Burt’s mob start tying ropes to trees, prepping for a hanging, and ultimately throw a flaming cocktail into the Sawyer home… burning the place, and it’s redents (including Jeb’s father, Drayton, played by Bill Moseley), to the ground.

Goodbye Sawyers… goodbye Leatherface?

You can guess what happens next : The Chainsaw killings start up again (there’s a fun sequence at a carnival where our villain starts chopping away at the attendees) and Hooper is forced to believe that Jeb Stuart somehow survived the fire and is back for revenge. But is it Jeb? And if not, who is it? and why have they surfaced? To entice the young ones, there’s a young heroine in the film, Heather who - Halloween H20 should maybe get a ’special thanks’ in the credits - learns she has a disturbing connection to the murderous Sawyer. Heather’s a bit of a hornbag but posbly more disturbing is her taste for things of a darker nature (not just referring to her boyfriend either) - like her art pieces which border on revolting. Still, there’s good in this family member and enough intelligence and determination to find out what’s really going on...

All the 3D jumps and scares are weaved into the script - the ‘teeth that come flying at the audience’ when Leatherface smashes one of the youngster’s mouths with a meat hammer. They’re fun moments but what’s most impresve about the story here is that it’s a really intriguing mystery movie, it’s not as cut-and-dry as the previous Chainsaw movies, and will have you both thinking… and freaking.

So let's recap what we know for sure ... The film is currently casting for an upcoming shoot in Shreveport, Louiana under the title Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, (early on it was speculated that the title would be Leatherface 3D.) Bill Moseley will be play a character named Drayton. We also know that the film will be directed by John Luessenhop and penned by Debra Sullivan, Adam Marcus and Stephen Susco. Kirsten Elms is responble for the more recent drafts, along with John Luessenhop. The movie will be shot in 3D.

Source: What's Playing Webte
Anonymous Monday 6/27/2011 at 08:14 PM | 77767
Damn this sounds really interesting, I will definitely watch this film when it comes out.
Sephit Tuesday 6/28/2011 at 09:12 AM | 77798
I'm a little bit wary..i mean, i'll definitely see it and everything...but it seems like it could very ealy be sort of lame..
nolifefan Tuesday 6/28/2011 at 04:17 PM | 77813
I'm optimistic, mainly because the last two modern installments to the Massacre franchise have been enjoyable. I'll be honest though, I sorta heard a "Friday the 13th: A New Beginning" tone in that description. I will be difficult for the film to stick to its familiar roots while putting a new spin on the story. If they can pull it off, it should make for a good time. Oh, and for the record, 3D sucks. Recent numbers show standard format ticket sales ring over the offered 3D options. While the 3D format currently still produces more money per ticket sale, the numbers are showing the 3D fad beginning to wain. So what happens to movies like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D and Halloween 3D, who hinge their marketing around the 3D hook, if 3D becomes " like so five minutes ago"?
MLeeHolmes Tuesday 6/28/2011 at 05:41 PM | 77817
I'm optimistic, mainly because the last two modern installments to the Massacre franchise have been enjoyable. I'll be honest though, I sorta heard a "Friday the 13th: A New Beginning" tone in that description. I will be difficult for the film to stick to its familiar roots while putting a new spin on the story. If they can pull it off, it should make for a good time. Oh, and for the record, 3D sucks. Recent numbers show standard format ticket sales ring over the offered 3D options. While the 3D format currently still produces more money per ticket sale, the numbers are showing the 3D fad beginning to wain. So what happens to movies like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D and Halloween 3D, who hinge their marketing around the 3D hook, if 3D becomes " like so five minutes ago"?

maybe they'll find a new marketing strategy. The whole "3D" as a marketing strategy is so... Spy Kids 3D. Hopefully with the numbers dropping and all they'll decide that the best way to get people to see their movie is to actually produce a killer film.
nolifefan Wednesday 6/29/2011 at 06:47 PM | 77853
I'm optimistic, mainly because the last two modern installments to the Massacre franchise have been enjoyable. I'll be honest though, I sorta heard a "Friday the 13th: A New Beginning" tone in that description.

my thoughts exactly.
pantera11431 Thursday 6/30/2011 at 12:37 AM | 77868
To me this could go both ways.

The teeth flying to the screen in 3D sounds kinda cool though

Tobyisoctopus Saturday 7/09/2011 at 02:17 AM | 78184