Forums Off Topic
Doin ALOT more than just Double Dipping!

Look at it this way... For every movie you buy now, you will have to buy it again later anyway... They made DVD's to replace VHS tapes because VHS couldn't hold that much and because a DVD "WOULD LAST A LIFETIME"!!! NOW all in a sudden, here we have "Blue Ray" moving in on us... I'll be damned if I'll re-buy all my movies over again... Hell I didn't even get half my VHS collection replaced with dvd yet let alot start on another type... This is the most rediculous bullshit ever!!! For one they shouldn't make a dvd and say hey, were sorry the vhs was a bad idea and they don't last to long or hold as much, but this dvd will

last you forever so replace you'r vhs to dvd! OH YEH, WE JUST CHANGED IT AGGGAAAIIIN!!!! Go spend some more money and now I want you to replace your dvd with blue ray!

Yeh well I got one thing to say to BlueRay -- " " Very Doubtfull, but if the makers of Blueray should EVER stubble across this Post I hope they get Blasted out by this :
href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gXhZXtMxu4&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gXhZXtM ... re=related --Ryan

Harry Warden Monday 7/14/2008 at 11:44 AM | 15883
Not quite sure I get your point...

Technology changes over time therefore more options become available and old things eventually become obsolete when people choose the newer products. This concept isn't limited to home entertainment. Look at a typical household now compared to 30 years ago when VCRs were coming into their own. Most, if not all, appliances or household devices have changed over time.

If you want to look at home entertainment alone, would you rather we all remained stuck with Super8 projectors? Nobody said VHS was a bad idea. It completely revolutionized the home entertainment industry, however as time went on and technology evolved the superior quality DVDs became an affordable option for people. The demand for DVDs increased as the demand for VHS decreased. That demand is what drove VHS into obsolescence.

These days a lot of people want high definition audio/video and technology has evolved to the point where it can produce an affordable product to satisfy that market. Do you think they shouldn't give people that option? Yes magnetized tape doesn't last as long as a DVD...that's a fact. At the time it was the best technology available but that changed over time. Your DVDs are going to last a hell of a long time. Who says you'll have to replace them all with BluRay? If you want an upgrade to high definition then you have that option. If you don't your DVDs will still continue to work. Nobody is going to hold a gun to your head and force you to buy Blu-Ray verons of all your DVDs.

Personally I like having the choice.
lblambert Monday 7/14/2008 at 08:30 PM | 15907
you'll be able to just download movies to your tv/computer/phone/camera soon enough anyways Back to the Future Part II wasn't that far off eh? LOL . .. Bring on the power laces!!!!
DaShape Monday 7/14/2008 at 08:48 PM | 15908
did someone mention one of m favorite movies of all time, BACK TO THE FUTURE?

http://www.nowupload.com/:x9W
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 7/14/2008 at 09:08 PM | 15909
Oh nah, Lee It's all good that we have an option, but It's going to end up were DVD's are like VHS... Wont be able to find a dvd player when yours breaks, or you just wont be able to buy dvds anymore... It wouldn't be so bad, but dvds arnt that old and already they are trying to replace them. It just pisses me off because it takes longer to buy up all the movies you had before than it does to buy a newer style coutch and chair or table and chairs to match modern style.

As for you BooMan, I LOVE BACK TO THE FUTURE!!! I own the 3 disc Box set for that!!! I'm going to get a Sheep dog one day and name him Ieny... Instien? Not sure of the spelling as usuall...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 02:00 PM | 15947
i said it before ill say it again, i will never be on the digital download bandwagon

theres something about having a hard copy in your hand with the artwork!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 02:39 PM | 15949
You arnt very Funny Bisco --Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 10:48 PM | 15966
i got one hell of a sense of humor! whatchoo talkin bout ryan?
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 11:12 PM | 15972