Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Teeth (2007) Review

I had heard quite a bit about how good Teeth was, and was looking forward to it, even though I've seen the BME Pain Olympics, and had a feeling of what to expect.

On one hand, it was what I expected, but on the other, it was some thing completely different.

Pain is the story of a girl, and her Vagina. Well Vagina Dentata to be exact, which is in several culture's myths from around the world. Vagina Dentata is about women having teeth in their vagina, and is told mostly as a cautionary tale

warning about rape, and having sex with strangers. How does this movie take this dark, yet meaningful myth and portray it on film?

They make a super hero out of it!

That's right, Teeth is pretty much a dark horror super hero flick. Most of you don't see where I'm going with this, so let me explain by taking a look at the story. Girl find out she has Vagina Dentata ( Her 'power'), learns how to use it, and then kills players and her brother ( arch Nemes) .

Thus, Teeth is the first ever Horror Vagina Super Hero Movie.

I think that it would of been a better movie, if they went down darker roads with the story. That's pretty odd to say when it comes to a movie about incest, rape, and genitally mutilation. I know it's a Horror-Comedy, but I think it took everything too light heart'd, it is listed as a dark comedy, but it didn't feel like it to me. Maybe there's something wrong with me :p

The acting felt really weak to me as well. I felt there was alot of over acting, and alot of underacting, no scene really stuck me as well acted either way. I felt some of the performances were aimed to make the viewer laugh, when it would of been funnier if it took it's self more serious.

Now, the part your waiting for, sex. This movie is all about the sex, even though it doesn't show very much, which is fine, because this movie does not play the sex scenes off erotically. All the sex scenes are either rape, date rape, or incest related, and end with a shot of a mutilated penis. A mutilated penis

that look far to real for my likings.

I'm mixed on what I think fully about this film, there's a lot going on here , but I don't know if I can forgive it for all it's wrong. Watch it if you want, it's up to you.

Score - 65% Gore - 10/10
HorrorDaily Wednesday 6/29/2011 at 04:51 PM | 77848
loved it

crazy empowerment.

solid B
Matt_Molgaard Thursday 6/30/2011 at 01:46 AM | 77877
I really wanted to love it, but I just couldn't get to that level with it.

I'm ung it as the starting point for a youtube/podcast series I'm planning involving the Vagina Dentata myth.
HorrorDaily Thursday 6/30/2011 at 01:47 AM | 77878