Forums Horror Movie Talk
ummm halloween 30th ann. set ill pass...................

what a crappy set i swear to god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 12:19 AM | 15925
wait! hold on. . where have i seen this mask before?

hold on. . . I KNOW!!
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 03:17 AM | 15936
Lol! I would love to own a box set of halloween but come on what is this shit. Is that some kind of funky ass wall mount mask?
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 12:50 PM | 15942
its crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crap i say!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 02:40 PM | 15950
its crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crap i say

here here!!
lblambert Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 05:25 PM | 15954
ehhhhhhhhhhhh...For the love of god!!! Why don't they just make the damn box set Part 1 through Zombie and add a Special Bonus Disc full of all the Behind the scenes, Bonus shit and Deleted scenes EXC... ??????????????????????????? We have one for Jason, Freddy Krueger, Chucky, SAW, Puppet Master BUT of the most Important film that I would rank at the most Popular, HalloweeN; We have NO American Box Set... Errggghhh

AND while I'm at it, NO American Evil Dead Box set and while I'm at it, NO Jaws Box Set and no Texas Chainsaw set...

for shits sake...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 10:59 PM | 15968
its not gonna happen at least officially here in the US because Universal owns the rights to part 2 and will not relinquish them

and FYI the chucky box set blows because it doesnt have the first childs play in it
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 11:04 PM | 15969
I know, I had to buy it sepret --Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 11:07 PM | 15971
and just to piss off Ryan a bit more, the F13 boxset was not complete either. It did not include JGTH through FVJ.

The Aan box set included all of them.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 11:33 PM | 15975
I love Aans

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 11:34 PM | 15976
and just to piss off Ryan a bit more, the F13 boxset was not complete either. It did not include JGTH through FVJ.

The Aan box set included all of them.

take care, Tommy bwahahahahaha

that is true because as embarrased as paramount was of the franchise they sure as hell aint letting it go! (notice JGH and JX WERENT called Friday the 13th?)
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 7/15/2008 at 11:38 PM | 15977
Oh for god sakes guys... May as well say the Puppet Master set insant complete either. I believe it's misng Retro and the V.S Demonic Toys one as well...

Which draws me to the one and only conclueon... "American Box Sets Suck"!!!

Someone had mentioned this Monday Night and I can't remember who it was, but All the other countrys have the good sets. Hellraer Puzzle Box set, HalloweeN box set those are 2 that I herd. What set do we have thats good bedes The Red Cross veron of Sleepaway Camp?????????? NOTHING...

those sleezy bastards need to come up with some good material for once...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 12:43 AM | 15980
even though the movies were made here in the good ol USA and Canada i guess we dont rate for shit
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 12:47 AM | 15981
Bisco... I know you got alot going on as far as movies bro, but seeing as how you are the best at what you do and you always have kick ass cover art. How about these for box sets you could make : (EVIL DEAD) 1. Withen The Woods 2. Evil Dead 3. Evil Dead 2 4. Army Of Darkness

+ any other workprint or editions.

(HALLOWEEN) All the Regular ones and than Another set for all the workprints and editions Exc...

(Psycho) 1. Psycho 2. Psycho 2 3. Psycho 3 4. Psycho "The Beging"

(Return Of The Living Dead) All of'em

EXC...

Just all the kool sets that you could add the extra Editions too... And there's so many GREAT movies out there that don't have a box set that deserves one... (When the American Movie Industry FALES us, WHO YA GONNA CALL??? ----- JOHNNY BISCO!!!)

-- Could be a good slogan bro? LMAO! --Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 12:56 AM | 15982
well bro i will tell you this

i WILL NOT sell anything that you can go down to worst buy and pick up i do have some scruples!

box set of rare items? very posble

box set art and cases for stuff you already own? i can posbly do thatspeakinf of Psycho why havent they released it lately????? my old one is so old it wont play on my computer even, fucking old dvd coding sucks
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 01:05 AM | 15985
Well I can understand your circumstances... But the case and cover art would still do the Justice! Anyway, even box sets of the Special Editions would be great!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 01:14 AM | 15987
that may be something i do ryan we shall see
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 01:24 AM | 15988
speakinf of Psycho why havent they released it lately?????

Funny you ask...

From thedigitalbits.com :

Universal has also got something cool for you Alfred Hitchcock... fans coming on 10/7, but so far (unfortunately) it's only been announced for release on DVD (we've got a call into the studio to confirm whether or not the Blu-rays is coming). Psycho: Special Edition.

This will be a 2-disc set (SRP $26.98). Here's the rundown...

Psycho (anamorphic widescreen video) will include audio commentary with Stephen Rebello (author of Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho), newsreel footage: The Release of Psycho, The Shower Scene, The Shower Scene: Storyboards by Saul Bass, The Psycho Archives, posters and Psycho ads, lobby cards, behind-the-scenes photographs, production notes, the theatrical trailer and re-release trailers, The Making of Psycho documentary, In the Master's Shadow: Hitchcock's Legacy, Hitchcock/Truffaut interview excerpts and Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Lamb to the Slaughter.
lblambert Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 04:39 AM | 16011
speakinf of Psycho why havent they released it lately?????

Funny you ask...

From thedigitalbits.com :

Universal has also got something cool for you Alfred Hitchcock... fans coming on 10/7, but so far (unfortunately) it's only been announced for release on DVD (we've got a call into the studio to confirm whether or not the Blu-rays is coming). Psycho: Special Edition.

This will be a 2-disc set (SRP $26.98). Here's the rundown...

Psycho (anamorphic widescreen video) will include audio commentary with Stephen Rebello (author of Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho), newsreel footage: The Release of Psycho, The Shower Scene, The Shower Scene: Storyboards by Saul Bass, The Psycho Archives, posters and Psycho ads, lobby cards, behind-the-scenes photographs, production notes, the theatrical trailer and re-release trailers, The Making of Psycho documentary, In the Master's Shadow: Hitchcock's Legacy, Hitchcock/Truffaut interview excerpts and Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Lamb to the Slaughter. gn me up!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 10:46 AM | 16017
In respect to the latter film not having the F13 logo on them, Bisco is completely right.

Sean Cunningham got all the rights back regarding the characters and the story but Paramount would not let go of the actual title. These movies made Paramount a bastard load of money in their day.

In respect to the dvd box set discuson in chat, I was the one that brought that up. Undoubtedly Americans don't buy the fancy schmancy box sets like the rest of the world. Recently a From Dusk Til Dawn box set was release that was an actual reproduction of the infamous titty twister. It had working LED lights and everything.

The Japanese got a Agrento Demons box set that included the Nostrodamus mask, a movie ticket and much more.

A Cannibal Holocuast box set was also recently released that came with an actual ren statue of the pole girl and the dvds were contained within the base of the statue.

It it just not fair. I have seen scale chainsaws used for TCM box set and special editions mave tin containers(sometimes released in the states, but very rarely) such as the insane Old Boy set and others.

Here is the halloween UK boxset. Why couldn't we have gotten something like this.
href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halloween-Complete-Collection-Eight-Disc/dp/B0002MGZA0/ref=cm_lmf_tit_4/202-2982308-7025450">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halloween-Compl ... 08-7025450

at the end of the day, I wish i knew the real reason as to why they won't release some of this cool stuff over here. At first I thought it had to do with rights issues and whatnot, but that cannot posbly be it with all of these films. I really do think that the vast majority of Americans will not buy the more original box sets because they won't fit on a shelf or something...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 02:28 PM | 16025
this is what i mean...first check out the phantasm sphere box set and then scroll to the bottom to see all the other box set currently available in the UK...

href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantasm-Sphere-Collection-Don-Coscarelli/dp/B000B6F8OG">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantasm-Sphere ... B000B6F8OG

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 02:32 PM | 16026
why do region 2s and 3s get all the good stuff while us region 1s get crap?

no more room on the shelf? posble but i can always make room lol
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 02:42 PM | 16027