Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Road Kill (Review) - Driven To Hell

The film Road Kill which had to be renamed from Road train due to a lot of the general public not knowing what a Road train is (myself being one of them until now), A supernatural thriller with a cat and mouse chase theme through out the movie.

It starts off as 4 teenagers are out camping in the remote outbacks of Australia and head off on the road for there next leg of the journey, Where the teenagers, Marcus, Liz, Craig and Nina Spot a Road train out of the rear view and get extremely excited about seeing one up close, But as it arrives to pass them it gets a little too close.

I felt as though the characters were a little over acted as they seemed very fake at times during the film, leaving me a little off put by this I was not sure I was going to like the rest of the story. Whilst watching the rest of the film I am glad i sat tight as the story did get better towards the end, though there was a big gap in the middle of the film that leaves you a little lost and confused as to what any of these ghostly demonic dogs have to do with the film at all apart from being an expenve looking hood ornament.

The film then comes together when you start to come to terms with what is actually happening to the characters as they one by one start to argue and go there separate ways as they bad mouth each other whilst the driver-less road train possesses them to act strange.

I think the filming locations were very stunning and the camera work was good also, The best part of the film was definitely the ending where you find out just how the driver-less road train works. Filmed in Australia, directed by Dean Francis and written by Clive Hopkins starring Bob Morley, Sophie Lowe, Georgina Haig and Xavier Samuel.

actually got this film by accident when i was trying to get another film which is titled road kill about a group on holiday in Ireland when they accidentally kill a gypsy and get cursed. (will have that review up as soon as i get the right film)

all in all id give this film a 6 out of 10, Not the best film i have seen but a definite watch if you don't have anything else to watch.
skum13 Thursday 6/30/2011 at 02:12 PM | 77891