Forums Horror Movie Talk
10 Best Vampires in Cinema - Agree or Disagree?

Every now and then I like to make a list of my top 10. This time I was thinking who are the 10 greatest vampires in cinema. After much thought I came up with this list. For the most part I'm sure I hit the nail on the head, but I'm sure someone will bring up one that I totally missed. But until then here's my top 10.

10. Eddie Murphy in 1995's Vampire in Brooklyn. Say what you want about the film, but I find it a good watch every now and then. And Murphy's take on the vampire is well done.

9. Aaliyah in 2002's Queen of the Damned. One of my favorite Anne Rice books brought to life. Aaliyah gives a great performance as the Queen of all vampires. Also a mention should go to Stuart Townsend for his role as Lestat.

8. Thomas Griffith in 1998's Vampires . He just played the role so well and gritty. When he wakes up from under the dirt and stands up,its just overly cool.

7. Salma Hayek 1996 From Dusk Till Dawn. Even thought her screen time is limited, you can't deny her presence when she first walks out to the time she morphs.

6. Max Schreck 1922 Nosferatu. This vampire is so creepy that many directors will thrown in a scene that mirrors the acting of Max Schreck. In New Nightmare when Freddy comes through the bed. The shadow on the wall is in direct reference to a scene in Noseferatu.

5. Kiefer Sutherland 1987 Lost Boys. He just made a being a vampire look so damn cool. who doesn't wanna hang under the tracks and jump in to the fog with Kiefer.

4. Chris Sarandon 1985 Fright Night. All I can say is killed this role. wish he didn't die in this one, he would have been great in the sequel.

3.Gary Oldman 1992 Dracula. Gary Oldman can play anything perfectly and Dracula is no exception. From the gate he delivers a stellar performance.

2.Bela Lugo 1931 Dracula. The Man, The Myth, The Legend. Need I say more.

1. I know there's gonna be some words on this, but the number one spot is a tie and goes to Brad Pitt and Tom Cruse 1994 Interview With a Vampire . These two tell such a great visual story,I couldn't pick just one. Pitt's so great as the vampire who hates being a vampire.And Cruse just embodies the vampire that doesn't give a shit because he is immortal,everything is nothing to him.

There it is. Let me hear on this agree or disagree. One thing, don't say why isn't Blade or Underworld on here. That's a different list for a different time.
Stilesp1985 Wednesday 7/06/2011 at 05:35 PM | 78077
I don't necessarily agree with the order, but I like the list - some good choices, and I personally would have only swapped a few here and there... so, it looks good to me brother!
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 7/06/2011 at 06:05 PM | 78079

I'd like to toss in an honorable mention for Bill Paxton from Near Dark as probably one of the most hardcore vampires in the last thirty years which involves tearing the engine out of a semi piece by piece with his claws after it hits him full speed.
ironblade87 Wednesday 7/06/2011 at 10:26 PM | 78091
Nice order I maybe would have switched Kiefer Sutherland and Chris Sarandon but it is close
DoubleshotJ Thursday 7/07/2011 at 03:12 AM | 78102
Great list! Thomas Griffith in Vampires scared the hell out of me when I was a kid
CreeperJeeper24 Thursday 7/07/2011 at 07:43 AM | 78113
I second the Bill Paxton H.M., I will have to do another list of top 10 different styled vampires. Cause there's some that are really worth mentioning
Stilesp1985 Thursday 7/07/2011 at 03:42 PM | 78117