Forums Horror Movie Talk
And The Director For Universal's WOLFMAN Reboot Is...

A few weeks ago it was announced that Universal wouldn't be doing a sequel to the poorly received film, THE WOLFMAN which starred Benicio Del Toro and r Anthony Hopkins. The new film titled mply as WEREWOLF has been said to be more of a reboot of the clasc 1941 WOLFMAN movie starring Lon Chaney Jr. as the transforming beast.

Today, courtesy of MovieHole we have the announcement of the director that will be taking on the WEREWOLF project. The company has hired Louis Morneau to set in the directors chair for what many are condering a direct to DVD installment of the franchise due to the directors previous films which include Joy Ride 2, Bats and The Hitcher II.

Not great for you WOLFMAN purists who wanted to see an A+ effort when dealing with such a movie that is near and dear to so many of us. Time will tell and we will keep you up to date on any new information that is leaked about this project. Until then, enjoy TEEN WOLF on MTV. That may be the closes thing we get to seeing transforming wolves in mainstream for the next few years.

Pictured below, director Louis Morneau

Source:

http://www.moviehole.net/201142847-excl ... s-werewolf
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 7/07/2011 at 05:09 PM | 78120
Oddly enough, I actually do enjoy Teen Wolf!

And I have to admit that I have no faith in this project.

It seems like the studio is purposefully tanking the project; I mean look at the filmmaker they hired to helm it... 'nough said.
RHOADES Friday 7/08/2011 at 06:40 AM | 78154
So were they planning this reboot when they were doing the original reboot?

They should probably just go ahead and film a third and fourth reboot while there at it just to be safe.

gummi Saturday 7/09/2011 at 03:02 AM | 78191