Forums Horror Movie Talk
DEXTER Is About To Jump Ahead In Time - Is This Good Or Bad?

As your already aware by now, there's a lot of buzz surrounding the xth Season of Dexter. And we're now being told that the Showtime series will posbly jump ahead in the future. In a recent interview with TV Guide,

Sara Colleton who's the shows executive producer - informed the online te just how far ahead the show will be jumping.

"We thought a clean start to this season would be to jump ahead a year, so he's not getting over Lumen , and he's not still in the throes of dealing with the Rita

thing," Colleton says. "We wanted to jump ahead a year and find that Dexter has gotten his groove back. He's gotten over Rita and Lumen."

According to Colleton, Dexter will be heading in an oppote direction then we saw him last season. One which has him going back to bacs in many ways. "When we open up Season 6, we find Dexter in a very potive place in his life," Colleton says. "It's like the Dexter we know and love is back, and he still wants to play."

"There are things in life that Dexter's dealing with and one of them is that Harrison is now 2 years old and he has to go to school," she says. "There are things that he has to start thinking about with his son, and he's been keenly aware of what it is that he doesn't want to pass on to Harrison, namely his Dark Passenger, but Dexter has no idea what it is that he does want to pass on."

Do you think that the one-year time jump will be good for the show, or is the show already showing gns of being past it's prime?

Source: TV Guide.com
Anonymous Friday 7/08/2011 at 09:42 PM | 78175
How does a 2yr old start school? That doesn't make any sense.....but I'm sure it will be a great season.
Stilesp1985 Friday 7/08/2011 at 11:23 PM | 78177
LOL!! You read my mind Stiles.
Anonymous Friday 7/08/2011 at 11:34 PM | 78178
I'm sure the jump in time won't hurt the show.

Personally, I haven't watched the show after the third season because some jerk I work with happened to bust out out a spoiler and mentioned that Rita dies.

I was so mad when I heard that.

I have refused to watch the show ever nce.

Maybe one day I'll start watching again.

Maybe
blakenorwood Saturday 7/09/2011 at 02:48 AM | 78187
well just gotta say to Brian and stiles Harrison is going to preschool/daycare thats where school comes into play lol
godsinhell Saturday 7/09/2011 at 04:44 PM | 78199
I don’t see this as a bad thing. The writers created a fantastic season around the Trinity Killer which culminated in the death of a major influence in Dexter’s life. The show subsequently was forced to deal with a fallout which bogged down our beloved mass murder. A small time jump allows the show to get back to its roots, and back to the Dexter Morgan that has made it so popular.Maybe he is a really advanced two year old.
MLeeHolmes Monday 7/11/2011 at 12:46 PM | 78252
well just gotta say to Brian and stiles Harrison is going to preschool/daycare thats where school comes into play lol

actually a child has to be 4 years old to start preschool....and daycare is not a school,its day time care for a child. Just like babytting.
Stilesp1985 Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 12:04 PM | 78326