Forums Off Topic
Anybody else seeing DARK KNIGHT tonight midnight?

So I'm that type of movie-goer who can't stand it if there's a good movie out and I've not seen it yet.

Especially if the movie has a ton of hype and I miss a midnight show I'm always like, "there are tons of people who have already seen this but not me".

I know, it's a curse LOL.

So any of you guys hitting this one up tonight?

I'm going with a group of people and hope this movie rocks!
DaShape Thursday 7/17/2008 at 07:34 PM | 16133
I would love to but I have a wedding dinner rehearsal to attend. Damn.....
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 7/17/2008 at 08:23 PM | 16134
It's sold out everywhere around where I live. Even the IMAX. Not surprised though. This movie has had nothing but good reviews on it. People are saying that HL is being condered for a posthumorous Oscar nod.

I'm bummed right now.
SithLord Thursday 7/17/2008 at 08:46 PM | 16135
It's sold out everywhere around where I live. Even the IMAX. Not surprised though. This movie has had nothing but good reviews on it. People are saying that HL is being condered for a posthumorous Oscar nod.

I'm bummed right now.I tried to get IMAX midnight ticekts 3 weeks ago and it was already sold out . .. and in this city . . NOBODY ever buys advanced tickets but me LOL.

So when I went that early and IMAX was already sold out I was shocked and a bit angry actually I actually just went out and Bought Booman and midnight for tonight . .. he saw this post and decided he wanted to join the festivities.
DaShape Thursday 7/17/2008 at 08:55 PM | 16137
I never fight the opening night crowds....ever nce my Army days I dread standing in ANY line. I'll probably wait a few weeks.....BUT Listening to Howard Stern today they gave it nothing but HIGH PRAISE!! Howard says it is as good a movie as Ironman.
HorrorSanctum Thursday 7/17/2008 at 09:03 PM | 16139
I herd that HL actually went a little nutty after doing the Roll as the Joker... Rather or not that's ture is Unknown to my knowledge. I probably wont see it until it is out of dvd... I can wait... It's not really much of a big deal to me and as Sam said, I'm not one for fighting a croud of people... I get clostrophobic...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 7/17/2008 at 09:29 PM | 16142
I heard that it was alot like the movie HEAT, but with Batman in it. I don't know about what to make of that. HEAT was a superb film. I think it was Michael Mann's best film. I guess that means, the Joker is into knocking over banks and taking major scores, ala Robert DeNiro.
SithLord Friday 7/18/2008 at 01:25 AM | 16150
I heard that it was alot like the movie HEAT, but with Batman in it. I don't know about what to make of that. HEAT was a superb film. I think it was Michael Mann's best film. I guess that means, the Joker is into knocking over banks and taking major scores, ala Robert DeNiro.

I saw the first 7 minutes of DARK KNIGHT online about a month or two ago . .. You're not that far off LOL.

I LOVE Heat and the intro to this movie felt A LOT like it.
DaShape Friday 7/18/2008 at 01:28 AM | 16151
as much as i want to see it, i wont be going tonight or any other night, ill be watching it on dvd in the comfort of my living room with no screaming kids, no snot nosed teenaged punks who dont know how to shut the fuck up and cheaper refreshments long after you guys have talked about it, raved about it and forgotten it. i can buy the dvd for a lot cheaper than it will cost me to take myself, the old lady and our 3 kids
Johnny Bisco Friday 7/18/2008 at 01:41 AM | 16153
as much as i want to see it, i wont be going tonight or any other night, ill be watching it on dvd in the comfort of my living room with no screaming kids, no snot nosed teenaged punks who dont know how to shut the fuck up and cheaper refreshments long after you guys have talked about it, raved about it and forgotten it. i can buy the dvd for a lot cheaper than it will cost me to take myself, the old lady and our 3 kids OR -- You could download it ilegally before everyone, Talks about it, Raves about it, and forgets it and be sentenced to a "Federal Pound Me In Da Ass Prison"

--Ryan

Harry Warden Friday 7/18/2008 at 01:45 AM | 16155
Look for both Terminator and Watchmen trailers. They should be on there.
SithLord Friday 7/18/2008 at 01:48 AM | 16156
as much as i want to see it, i wont be going tonight or any other night, ill be watching it on dvd in the comfort of my living room with no screaming kids, no snot nosed teenaged punks who dont know how to shut the fuck up and cheaper refreshments long after you guys have talked about it, raved about it and forgotten it. i can buy the dvd for a lot cheaper than it will cost me to take myself, the old lady and our 3 kids

I'm with you bro. That's our approach to any movie for much the same reasons. Can't even remember the last time I went to see anything in a theatre.
lblambert Friday 7/18/2008 at 03:08 AM | 16160

I'm with you bro. That's our approach to any movie for much the same reasons. Can't even remember the last time I went to see anything in a theatre. it gets ridicolous

the only movies ill pay to see are star wars spiderman and halloweens
Johnny Bisco Friday 7/18/2008 at 03:28 AM | 16162
BEST MOVIE THIS YEAR . . .PERIOD
DaShape Friday 7/18/2008 at 05:56 AM | 16166
GREATEST MOVIE THIS YEAR AND LAST PERIOD

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 7/18/2008 at 05:58 AM | 16167
Who had a period?

I cant wait to watch it in IMAX tonight!

Going to the 7pm show.

Now, do i dress up like the joker?? hmmm...
Evildsm Friday 7/18/2008 at 02:15 PM | 16178