Forums Horror Movie Talk
HALLOWEEN 3D - Your Feelings And Opinions?

I am a HUGE fan of the original HALLOWEEN films (1, 2 , and 4), and I am excited to hear that a new HALLOWEEN might be coming out (in 3D!) and that Rob Zombie WON'T be directing it! I have read that it will be set after the events of RZ's H2, and will take place in a hospital/ asylum where Laurie has been sent to cope with what happened.

In my opinion, they should kill off the new Laurie ASAP, and have Myers fight his way out of the asylum to haunt a new set of teens. The whole "family killing" is getting old, and it doesn't look like Myers has any more relatives to kill. He should return to Haddonfield, and raise hell for Halloween night. Also, I don't care how they do it, but they NEED to get rid of the hobo costume and give him his blank, clean mask back. I don't want to see half of his face the entire movie, it's just not as scary a the original mask.:Boogeyman:

Kidtut Saturday 7/09/2011 at 06:40 PM | 78205
I'm a huge fan of the entire Halloween series (except for Resurrection and Zombie's H2) and I'm just not sure how I feel about Halloween 3D... H20 for me was the perfect ending to the series and Resurrection did a great job destroying that film. I did like Zombie's decion to remake the original instead of going with Halloween 9 but after his awful H2 I think we're now back in the same spot again with the series being a slump.

I'm just not sure what they can do now. Michael Myers is a talking hobo who shows his face, Loomis is completely unlikable and most probably dead and Laurie is a terrible character who is now either dead or insane! Where do we gor from this?

The only cool thing I can really think of to take the series from here is go back to bacs with Michael (i.e give him back his mask, lose the hobo outfit and for the love of Christ stop him talking and grunting), have Laurie and Loomis dead and make Brackett the main protaganist and have him on a revenge mison to stop Myers.
joshk1986 Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 08:08 AM | 79289
I'm a huge fan of the entire Halloween series (except for Resurrection and Zombie's H2) and I'm just not sure how I feel about Halloween 3D... H20 for me was the perfect ending to the series and Resurrection did a great job destroying that film. I think that the perfect ending would have been the end of the Original HALLOWEEN 2... That is the only sequel that I really enjoyed.
Kidtut Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 04:12 PM | 79296
I think that the perfect ending would have been the end of the Original HALLOWEEN 2... That is the only sequel that I really enjoyed.

I agree, but let's face it, we're way beyond trying to go back that far! Halloween is a saga now, a horror series and franchise that has the "endless sequels" reputation. Halloween 2 was good but I still think Rick Rosenthal is an incompitent director
joshk1986 Wednesday 7/27/2011 at 12:48 PM | 79362
Tell Me What You Think?

http://youtu.be/W3I7GBurTvw
erichuntdog Thursday 8/11/2011 at 01:16 AM | 80401
Tell Me What You Think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3I7GBurTvw

Blackmere House? Looks pretty interesting... Will it be a found footage sort of thing? The mask's pretty cool, like a cross between Myers and Leslie Vernon... when's it coming out?
Kidtut Saturday 8/13/2011 at 11:19 PM | 80589
I think that the perfect ending would have been the end of the Original HALLOWEEN 2... That is the only sequel that I really enjoyed.

I agree, but let's face it, we're way beyond trying to go back that far! Halloween is a saga now, a horror series and franchise that has the "endless sequels" reputation. Halloween 2 was good but I still think Rick Rosenthal is an incompitent director

why would you conder Rick an incompetent director?

Halloween II was a near pitch-perfect sequel. Bad Boys was a pretty fucking impacting film, he's done some GREAT TV work, including a couple cool episodes of Smallville, Haven and Buffy. The man's only serious blunder is Resurrection.
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 8/27/2011 at 07:25 PM | 81662
I've been a long time Halloween fan. I have a soft spot for almost all of them, with an exception to Rob Zombie's spin on things.

Just to get an idea, my favorite to least favorite would be in this order:

Halloween Halloween 4 Halloween III: Season of the Witch (yes, I'm a big fan) Halloween 5 Halloween: H20 Halloween II Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers Rob Zombie's Halloween (workprint veron...the only ending I liked) Halloween: Resurrection Rob Zombie's H2

Sometimes my opinion changes with Carpenter's Halloween II, but this is the order I'm into at the moment. I used to absolutely hate the fifth installment, but have grown to love its complete oddball lliness over the past several years. What can I say?...I'm a Tina fan.

With all that said, I am a fan who is completely open to seeing Myers re-invented. I mean come on, the fans who have stuck with Halloween all these years already know we have the most messed up franchise of them all. However, Zombie stripped the character of everything that was scary about him. The remake was okay and I enjoyed the prequel and remake aspect put together. I wasn't psyched about Myers coming from a broken home because it just doesn't seem all that inventive, interesting and/or scary to me. The worst part was not caring about a ngle character in either one of his movies. Even Annie (Danielle Harris) wasn't rubbing off on me like she had as her Jamie character. I believe the only character that stuck with me was Dourif's portrayal of Brackett.

Knowing that Halloween 3D will stick to Zombie's storyline really has me less than thrilled. I'm not a fan of Scout and like others have pointed out, the hobo Myers look really is a joke. I can't take it seriously and even though he kills like a maniac, with the graphic intenty of those kills...I personally don't find that scary at all. The only thing going for the last movie was the look of it. The setting and cinematography were excellent and I'd like that essence captured again with 3D, but let's cut down on the wildly obnoxious backwoods over-the-top white trash aspect. I want at least one survivor I can give a damn about, but when I'm not rooting for a ngle survivor or Myers himself...what the hell should I give a damn about?

No matter what, I'll go see 3D in the theater. I'm a Myers fangirl...even if it's so far from the Myers I grew up with and love.
Silverpsycho Saturday 8/27/2011 at 08:56 PM | 81667
Tell Me What You Think?

http://youtu.be/W3I7GBurTvw

did you fuckin seriously just hijack this thread to promote your film?

Make a thread about it - don't come off random as fuck and hijack a completely different thread - that's not cool brother

in other news, the mask looks interesting lol
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 8/27/2011 at 09:35 PM | 81670
LOL! Well said Matt, and you're right the mask in the video is cool. Just make a new thread dude! :)

As for H3D. I am all for it. But I am one of those people that just don't care how far they take any series. Does it crap on the legacy of the films? Maybe. Did Michael Jordan retiring and coming back hurt his legacy? Maybe. But in the long run all of these films will be based off their original counterparts so as long as they want to keep making them, I will keep watching them. I just love slasher movies and Michael is near the top of the list. Lets just hope for the best. But if it sucks, oh well. I'll get over it and move on.
Shakelford, J. Rusty Saturday 8/27/2011 at 10:11 PM | 81671
I hear people complain that myers makes noise's when he kills in zombie's part 2 but if you go back and pay any attention to the original he made noise's when he killed then also. I was thinking what if they did something with myers Dad they have never really spoken of him except judith who said he was dead...what if he was'nt dead??? now there is a new twist that i have never heard anyone speak of it might be interesting. As for danielle harris any part she plays in is great so to speak negative about her is just crazy and they need scout to continue on cause you need laurie as a figure in this movie or else it will turn into like the original sequels 4-5-6-7, where they just start throwing crazy shit at you and it dosent always make sense but it should definetly take place in haddonfield not in New york or a space ship sorry (friday the 13th fans) but haddonfield because haddonfield is as much Michael myers as Michael myers is haddonfield and also the whole reason behind Michael killing people is because he wants to destroy his family and will go through anyone or anything to get to them and im sorry but the Hobo myers mask may just be the cooliest thing i have ever seen... maybe rob lost his mind a bit in part 2 but there are alot of ways they could go off that movie and make it just as good as the zombie original except they need to scrap the 3D idea!!!
mmyers911 Saturday 8/27/2011 at 10:37 PM | 81672
Also, they need to add the muc!!! Its almost completely absent in RZ's movies...
Kidtut Saturday 8/27/2011 at 11:22 PM | 81674
I definetly agree they need to bring back the myers/carpenter muc it makes the movies a whole lot better!!!
mmyers911 Sunday 8/28/2011 at 07:18 AM | 81691
Just finished this poster for Halloween 3D... Tell me what You think...
Kidtut Sunday 8/28/2011 at 02:03 PM | 81698
Another poster made by me...

Kidtut Monday 8/29/2011 at 10:36 PM | 81791

why would you conder Rick an incompetent director?

Halloween II was a near pitch-perfect sequel. Bad Boys was a pretty fucking impacting film, he's done some GREAT TV work, including a couple cool episodes of Smallville, Haven and Buffy. The man's only serious blunder is Resurrection.

Dude... have you seen The Birds II: Land's End?!
joshk1986 Wednesday 8/31/2011 at 04:19 AM | 81905