Forums Horror Movie Talk
HATCHET 3 Starting Production Next Year? Adam Green Speaks

It's been several months nce we heard so much as a peep form director Adam Green, I was seriously starting to worry. Normally he blogs a paragraph or two from time to time but lately it's been nil. But then yesterday,a miracle occurred, and it looks as if the lent streak has finally come to an end.

According to the Green's Blog,

"It's been a busy few months to say the least.

I know, I know.

I haven't been a good blogger.

I don't call, I don't write..I've been hard at work creating new stuff for you."

"I've been insanely busy wrapping up CHILLERAMA, working on KILLER PIZZA, and getting several other projects started."

In case your wondering what those other projects may be, one involves a freak named Victor Crowley.

According to the blog, Crowley will make his long awaited return in Hatchet 3, which hopefully goes into production early next year.

"ArieScope and Dark Sky recently had our first serious 'let's buckle down and get started ironing this out' call nce the third installment was green-lit a few months ago." Blogged Green,

"We're all thrilled to be making the next chapter in the franchise."

Because of Green's heavy work load it's posble that he might not be in the director's chair for the third chapter in the franchise. But Green confirms,

"you can bet I'll still be standing over it doing everything I can to help keep the ship on course."

Although Green already knows the answers to several key questions such as "What’s the plot?

Who’s in it?

If you’re not directing it- who is?," he's remaining tight-lipped.

For now it looks as if the soonest posble scenario would be to shoot sometime in early 2012. "Right now the major players in the HATCHET universe are all occupied with other projects, especially myself.

There is a collective heart and tight knit family behind HATCHET and we’re not going to create the next chapter until we’re all available and ready to play.

Thankfully, our partner and distributor Dark Sky Films totally gets that and feels the same way about doing it right as opposed to just doing it fast."

We'll keep you posted with more news regarding Hatchet 3. In the meantime you can read more of Adam's blog

HERE.
Anonymous Monday 7/11/2011 at 07:20 PM | 78263
That is good news I enjoy anything that Adam Greens involved in and Killer Pizza sounds fun from what I heard about it.
DoubleshotJ Monday 7/11/2011 at 08:15 PM | 78266
FUCK YESSSSSS

ImTheWolf Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 02:30 AM | 78290
Awesome news!

Adam Green helped make Horror fun again, he is one of my favorite filmmakers.

Frozen is one of the most underrated films of 2010..
NightShape Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 01:59 PM | 78329
Crowley got the ass whippin of lifetime in 2... after a thorough ass thrashing like that, how can he come back?
jswaffxxx Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 11:12 PM | 78417
I'm glad that he's making it a trilogy. I wonder if he'll be able to get it with a normal release instead of the arthouse. Don't get me wrong Hatchet II - UNRATED was cool, but I had to get a ride completely out of my way to see it at an arthouse (did the same with ISOYG mmmm). If it comes out only at Arthouse's I would love to support Adam Green, but I'll wait till the blu ray comes out.
Tobyisoctopus Wednesday 7/13/2011 at 04:22 AM | 78499