Forums Horror Movie Talk
Sam Raimi's DIBBUK BOX Gets a New Title

Sam Raimi is all over the news this week. One would think he must have some sort of Twitter quota to make or something. Today it has been announced that the Lionsgate film which Sam Raimi produced is getting a name change from DIBBUK BOX to THE POSSESON.

The film was originally slated to be released this October but has now been shifted to January 6, 2012. Below a a synops for the film and we ask, is the films name change a good idea? That is for you to judge.

Plot Synops: The film is a fictional retelling of Los Angeles Times writer Leslie Gornstein's article "Jinx in a Box" about an antique wooden box purchased on eBay which reportedly had been brought to America by a Holocaust survivor after World War II. The box, supposedly containing an evil spirit, brought devastating effects to a series of buyers. Inspired by these real events, "Dibbuk Box" centers around a cursed relic containing mysterious familial tokens that is mistakenly purchased and its new owner must solve its mystery to save her own family.

Source: Bloody-Disgusting.com
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 05:59 PM | 78341
I am looking forward to this, but fear I may be disappointed.

I am very curious about the Dibbuk Box stories, and plan to get the book about it when it is released.

I think they should have kept the original name, regardless of the stigma attached to it.
2LindsayMorrison Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 09:40 PM | 78382