Forums Horror Movie Talk
Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell Officially Announce THE EVIL DEAD Remake

Below is straight from the horses mouth so-to-speak. Directly from THR.com is the official press statement for THE EVIL DEAD remake.

"Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are remaking their cult clasc The Evil Dead.

The duo, who directed and starred in the horror movie clasc respectively, are teaming up with original Dead producer Rob Tapert for the remake, being made by Mandate.

This time, though, the movie will be written and directed by Fede Alvarez, the South American filmmaker who was behind the acclaimed short film Panic Attack.

Raimi and Tapert, who run Ghost House Pictures, were instant fans for Alvarez and set the man to write a sci-fi project for them. Remaking Dead grew out of that. Raimi, Tapert and Campbell will serve as producers.

Ghost House Pictures partners Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane will executive produce.

The trio said in a statement: "We are committed to making this movie and are inspired by the enduring popularity and enthuasm for the Evil Dead series. We can't wait to scare a new generation of moviegoers ung filmmaking techniques that were not available to us thirty years ago as well as Fede bringing a fresh eye to the film’s original elements."

Dead was the movie that launched Raimi’s directing career. He wrote the directed the 1981 movie, and with Campbell and Tapert produced it.

The movie centered on five college kids vacationing in a cabin in the woods who unleash evil spirits. Campbell played a student named Ash who became the lone survivor and in subsequent movies, which became darkly comic in tone, turned into a chainsaw-armed killer of the dead.

The movies as well as Campbell have developed pasonate followings nce the last movie, 1992’s Army of Darkness. Alvarez is repped by CAA, Anonymous Content and attorney Karl Austen."

Source:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... imi-210858
Shakelford, J. Rusty Wednesday 7/13/2011 at 09:37 PM | 78575
They should pick Ryan Gosling to play ASH,i think he would do a good job at being ASH

Diobolik999 Wednesday 7/13/2011 at 09:52 PM | 78578
Or they should have Bruce Campbell play Ash. Remake or reboot or sequel I think he is the only man for the job. Just take off from S Mart where Army of Darkness ended.
weaponx Thursday 7/14/2011 at 02:07 AM | 78609
I'm kind of torn on this one.

On one hand, part of what makes The Evil Dead franchise great is it's cheesy, low-budget charm; however, on the other, I'd be curious to see just how over-the-top they'd go with all of the advances in film-making; it could be good.

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt they'll cast Bruce Campbell in a starring role if they're trying to pander to the new generation of film goers.
gummi Thursday 7/14/2011 at 04:05 AM | 78619
I'll reserve judgement until we get more information....however that Olly Moss style poster is awesome!
NightShape Thursday 7/14/2011 at 01:53 PM | 78628
I'm very happy about this. I hope they follow through on it, and that this new director of theirs is worthy to reboot one of my all-time favorite horror movies. Its not gonna be an easy task to deliver what the fans deserve.
AgnesItsMeBilly Thursday 7/14/2011 at 03:48 PM | 78636