Forums Horror Movie Talk
Sid Haig, 72 years young.

Popular genre actor d Haig is celebrating his 72nd today, so what better way to honor this great bald actor, then to learn a little about him. It's not widely known,but d Haig started his career as a paid dancer, at the age of seven. Also not widely known about the man, is his mucal talent. A year out of high school he gned a recording contract, and recorded " Full House" with the T-birds, which made it to #4 on the charts.

In high school, d's drama teacher,Alice Merrill, encouraged d to pursue an acting career, even having one of her Hollywood contacts come and see him in play. That contact was Dennis Morgan, who advised d to continue his education, and think about becoming an actor.

Two years later d enrolled in The Pasadena Playhouse, and got his first acting job in the student film, The Host. This set in motion a long last career of over fifty films, and more then three hundred tv appearances.

Early in his career, he spent most of his time typecast portraying heavies, due to his large ze and impong figure. This led to him quitting acting in 1992 for five years, in which he spent the time becoming a certified hypnotherapist. During these years, popular director Quentin Taratino approached d to play the role of

Marsellus Does He Look Like A Bitch Wallace, to which he declined, and has said nce he always regretted the decion. Quentin later wrote the role of the judge in Jackie Brown for d.

Some of d`s genre films include, Halloween (2007), Brotherhood Of Blood (2007), Night Of The Living Dead 3d (2006), The Devil`s Rejects and House Of A Thousand Corpses (2005 & 2003), Galaxy Of Terror (1981), and Spider Baby (1968).

d Haig will always hold a special place in Horror Fan hearts, so from me, and all of the horror community, I want to say.

Happy Birthday d. I hope your having a good one.
HorrorDaily Thursday 7/14/2011 at 04:34 PM | 78640
happy birthday!!
xStarcasm Thursday 7/14/2011 at 07:43 PM | 78667