Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid Turns 4 Today - Fan Driven Horror Is The Waive Of The Future!

Where do I even begin? HorrorBid was founded exactly 4 short years ago in 2007 by myself and my longtime friend Joel Fenner. It was our goal from the very beginning to create a fan friendly atmosphere that captures the feeling for the genre that we shared throughout the years. Growing up together Joel and I cut our teeth on films such as THE EVIL DEAD and just about every slasher movie we could find. That developed into a love of collecting that blossomed into an eBay buness that spread into what is now known as HorrorBid.

At the start we knew what we wanted to do but we hardly had the means to do it. We had so many great ideas about what kind of webte we wanted but we didn't know where to start. Over the years the te has blossomed from an auction te to a forum to a full fledge blogging te that reports on news and gosp from the smallest Indy films to the Blockbusters released by the major studios.

Change has happened so much here at HorrorBid one doesn't even really know where to start and officially say this is the direction we are going in. We tried various different paths in hopes to narrow ourselves down into our own separate space on the web. A te that was a bit different from the norm. Amazingly though every step of the process we just continued to grow and grow. Blowing away any and every goal we ever set. It has been an amazing ride and one that has led us to the te you see today.

Fan driven horror was a recent concept that we put in place just this year. It was something that was born out of the urge to get more horror fans involved in talking about the genre they loved. Never before could you mply go onto a te, type out a cool story and get the attention you truly deserved. We had frequented so many forums and message boards that we knew what you, the fans, were capable of and it was because of this that the new system was born.

Lets just say we love what has happened. So many of you have become involved and have literally blown us away by the brilliant articles, stories, news, reviews and general pulse of the community that we can barely keep up.

I want to personally thank each and everyone of you for being a member here on HorrorBid (Bidites as we call you). From all of our talented Headliners (you know who you are) to each of you that comment to stories all the way to those of you that may just vit us once a week. We literally can't thank you enough and we hope to bring you some of the best horror on the web in the future.

From all of us here at HorrorBid, keep rocking! We are just getting started....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 7/15/2011 at 12:20 AM | 78701
Thank you brother. We fans and writers have a fantastic outlet here.

Four years from now, I'll still be on horrorbid contributing the best of what i have to one of the best horror tes online.

PS: I'd kick the shamwow guys ass for that T shirt :)
Matt_Molgaard Friday 7/15/2011 at 12:30 AM | 78703
HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY HORRORBID!

Horrorbid, I love you! This webte is amazing. When I come on here and write an article, I can get headlined! That is so cool! It's like writing for a magazine, except you don't have to interview for the job haha!

Plus there are soooo many things to do on here. It really keeps you entertained! You have amazing contests and great news to tell us about horror!

Recently, i have started coming on here daily and will continue to do so forever.

Thanks for 4 amazing years, and I hope to spend many more with you.

<3
Tobyisoctopus Friday 7/15/2011 at 12:30 AM | 78704
Dam i missed 3 years of good times...Horrorbid is awesome HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY
DoubleshotJ Friday 7/15/2011 at 12:59 AM | 78708
Happy Birthday HorrorBid!!

This is the best Horror te and I bow to the creators!!

It's amazing to have an outlet to voice your opinion and if that opinion happens to be suited for an article you have that choice as well.

Some webtes give you the option to write articles but they more often cater to their editors opinions which can make a lot of people jaded on a "fan driven" te....

THANK YOU HORRORBID, MORE than glad to be a Bidite!!

p.s. Where can we get some shirts?!?!
NightShape Friday 7/15/2011 at 02:04 PM | 78739