Forums Horror Movie Talk
"Real" Fake Blood VS CGI Blood

I love my movies extra bloody and I honestly HATE the CGI blood I have been seeing lately in movies! It doesn't look real to me and the horror film seems to lose it's sense of realness if you know what I mean. I know sometimes it is needed to enhance the fake blood in a film but when it comes to someone getting grounded up in a meat grinder or something like that I wanna see it with the real fake blood and for all we know a dead pig thrown into it to look humanish!

What is your opinion on Real Fake Blood vs CGI Blood?

BloodyAdored Saturday 7/16/2011 at 03:14 PM | 78781
I love my movies extra bloody and I honestly HATE the CGI blood I have been seeing lately in movies! It doesn't look real to me and the horror film seems to lose it's sense of realness if you know what I mean. I know sometimes it is needed to enhance the fake blood in a film but when it comes to someone getting grounded up in a meat grinder or something like that I wanna see it with the real fake blood and for all we know a dead pig thrown into it to look humanish!

What is your opinion on Real Fake Blood vs CGI Blood?I agree. I didn't feel strongly about this till i saw Midnight Meat Train. Apart from the acting being terrible and the lack of plot, the gore (there was a lot of gore) looked really, really fake. It looked terrible. Even mple stuff like blood dripping into a puddle of blood was done with cgi. WHY? If you're gonna use CGI in your film, It better be used in a way that looks real. If not, be creative and do what great filmakers have been doing forever, use creativity and camera trickery.
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 7/16/2011 at 07:55 PM | 78798

What is your opinion on Real Fake Blood vs CGI Blood?I agree. I didn't feel strongly about this till i saw Midnight Meat Train. Apart from the acting being terrible and the lack of plot, the gore (there was a lot of gore) looked really, really fake. It looked terrible. Even mple stuff like blood dripping into a puddle of blood was done with cgi. WHY? If you're gonna use CGI in your film, It better be used in a way that looks real. If not, be creative and do what great filmakers have been doing forever, use creativity and camera trickery.

WOW. Lack of plot? Bad acting? Did we watch the same movie? Midnight meat train is a Brilliant adaptation of Clive Barkers short story, there's no lack of plot, nce there's multiply de stories and the main story. As for acting, you got to be kidding me. Bradly cooper is one of my favorite actors who hasn't done much horror, he can play the villain and victim quite well. And Vinnie fucking Jones, he plays the role perfect, he doesn't talk, so much like Kane Hooders Jason, he portrays his character through body movement.

Now to answer the main question. It depends, I much prefer Practical gore and effects over cgi, but if it is done right, in my opinion MMT did it right, F13 reboot did it right, It doesn't have to look perfect, it has to be fun to watch.
HorrorDaily Saturday 7/16/2011 at 09:35 PM | 78805

Ohhhh Midnight Meat Train *face palm* I loved the story when I read it and I was SO excited to hear it was being made into a movie because I knew there would be SO MUCH BLOOD!!!!!! But when the blood came around it was CGI and I was so disappointed -_- It honestly would of been one of my favorite movies if they did not get CGI blood happyAs for the acting I felt Bradlee Cooper did a very good job and the plot I felt was very well adapted from the book. However everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I appreciate you sharing your's!

BloodyAdored Sunday 7/17/2011 at 01:22 AM | 78815