Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Robert Patrick Is Oh So Evil: Autopsy Review (2008)

I should learn not to read imdb before watching a film. I am almost obsessed with reading what blood and gore is in a movie before I watch it. Mind you I don't do this to movies that look like the have value on their own, just gore flicks. IMDB told me that Autopsy should be rated NC-17 not R, so I was excited for the bright red and chunky. I don't think it delivered.Our story follows a car of 20-somes who get into a car accident. Before anyone has even figured out whats going on, an ambulance arrives, with some shady paramedics. They go back to the hospital, and the fun starts. Is the hospital really what it seems? If so where is all the staff? Why won't they explain anything?

The story, or the characters for that matter, or the writing, isn't the strong point of this one. The story is quite plain, the characters are fucking stupid, except for the doctor played by Robert Patrick, but the gore is quite nice. That's what I was here for anyway, I mean it's called Autopsy, and has the big red 18A on the back. The gore was done nice, but it's also done really quickly, and a lot of the deaths seemed to just come and go, I was really disappointed.

Now, I said the characters were stupid, but I really have to re-enforce this. The characters make decions that only Horror Movie Characters would make. That is to say, unrealistic choices that no sane human would make. It's your run upstairs instead of out the front door times a hundred.

Still, I`d say give it a shot, Robert Patrick is always fun to watch, and the gore that you see is quite fun. Just don`t expect too much.

Score - 70% Gore - 8/10
HorrorDaily Monday 7/18/2011 at 12:25 AM | 78851
haha - fits great with my 'Almost' article!

good work, I dug this flick quite a bit
Matt_Molgaard Monday 7/18/2011 at 02:32 AM | 78865