Forums Horror Movie Talk
Looks Like We'll Have To Wait For ZOMBIELAND 2 - New Info Emerges Regarding The Sequel

For those of you who were eagerly awaiting the sequel to the 2009 horror/comedy "Zombieland," it looks like you may have to wait A LOT longer...

"Zombieland" director Reuben Fleischer recently spoke to Coming Soon, and he's what he had to say regarding the highly anticipated sequel. "I can promise you it's something we all want to do," Fleischer said. "I think the reality of it happening is getting less and less real. It's just harder and harder every day, because everybody's gotten really busy and the reality is that we've never had a script that we've all just fallen in love with. Until there's a script that we all can say, 'This is it,' it's more of an idea than an actual thing that we can work towards prioritizing and realizing."

The film's star, Jesse Eisenberg, also recently spoke to Little White Lies, and the comments are about the same. "They're writing the script right now but I haven't seen it and I suspect that the longer we wait, the less relevant it will be. I mean, all the actors would love to do it and the director would love to do it but I'm not sure what's happening."

So there you have it. It seems as if unless a superb script appears, the film will unlikely be made. My question to you Bidites is, do you REALLY want to see a sequel?

Source: STYD
pmfarmer Monday 7/18/2011 at 02:35 AM | 78867