Forums Horror Movie Talk
Horror Films that ACTUALLY SCARED YOU

It is VERY hard for me to be scared by a horror film but only one movie really made my skin crawl and completely freaked me out. The movie is.... Splinter I know what you're wondering... what about this movie scared me so much?

What scared me so much about this film was the monster and its neck snapping bone snapping movement. Just one touch or "splinter" from the creature you are bound for a painful death.

I am by no means afraid of needles, splinters, or pokey things but this film really did scare me unlike any horror movie has before.

Alright its time to fess up! Honestly, what horror movies have you watch scared you? Why did it scare you?
BloodyAdored Monday 7/18/2011 at 07:10 PM | 78909
The Marble Hornets

->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhfn3mgWUI

Inde - Imagine John Carpenter's Halloween on crack, thats what this movie is.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - When they first go inde the house and Leatherface bumps that dude on the head and pulls him into his office - that still freaks me out to this day.Black Christmas -

its all about the cinematography, subtlety, and phone calls from inde the house.Seson 9 - Location, Location, Location.The Orphanage - Just see it for yourself. Frozen - because it could actually happen and it would SUCK! And thats about all i can think of right now, i'm sure there are a handful more, but movies that actually scare me are few and far between. I've just seen far too many horror movies to be touched like that.
AgnesItsMeBilly Monday 7/18/2011 at 09:20 PM | 78911
* The Blair Witch Project - I was 13 when I saw it and I was under the impreson it was actually real. As a result, I still get scared by the film.

* Paranormal Activity - yeah yeah I know, but I really was on the edge of my seat throughout. What you don't see is what scares me the most!

* Susperia - another great example of how a movie can effect you as a result of watching way too young

* The Woman in Black (1989 TV Movie) - absolutely PERFECT horror film in my eyes.
joshk1986 Friday 7/22/2011 at 11:20 PM | 79149
I'd like to bump this and add Jacob's Ladder to the list.
AgnesItsMeBilly Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 10:04 PM | 79318
There are only a handful of movies that actually bother me.

The Exorcist and The Exorcism Of Emily Rose disturb me to the core, and I'm uncomfortable for days every time I watch them.

Paranormal Activity freaked me out the first time I saw it.

I need to rewatch it to see if it stands.
gummi Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 10:18 PM | 79321
My little eye - when he kills her with the bag, always gets me, I find that one of the most disturbing scenes of all time. Bravo to who ever did the sound degn on that film, it's fucking Perfection.

Funny Games - now this is an odd little one, while it doesn't scare me, it never fails to unnerve me. I love showing this one to people who haven't seen it, and watch them try to figure out what they are feeling.

1408 - The isolation and feeling of being trapped get to me. I'm not claustophobic, but I've spent a night in a jail cell, I know what it feels like to be trapped and alone, and I can't take it.

Anti Christ

- while not truely scary, I found myself once again unnerved with this film, and it wasn't the depictions of sex or the violence, I've been there, done that, seen real life violence, seen people die, etc. But something about how the power is flipped in this movie, really gets to me, there is a FANTASTIC, essay about the film linked in the bottom of my review that people should check out.
HorrorDaily Wednesday 7/27/2011 at 02:12 AM | 79341