Forums Off Topic
Is BIGFOOT Real? - Take The Poll To Find Out What Horror Fans Think

The most well known creature and likely the most sought after one in and out of crypto zoological circles has to be Bigfoot also well known as ‘Sasquatch”. Bigfoot has become a historical legend dating back centuries and is one of the most debated creatures as to its existence.

What does this have to do with horror you say? Well, most field researchers that study Bigfoot admit that the mystery surrounding the alleged animal is not only rooted in folklore and the challenge to find the truth but in because of the horror genre itself. Films like the Legend of Boggey Creek and others have perked an interest that have set thousands upon thousands of people into the woods to not just find the creature but to explore the feelings that "things that go bump in the night" provide.

The Sasquatch is alleged to be an ape-like creature inhabiting forest and woodlands, often described as a large and hairy bipedal man like ape. There have been accounts and ghting of this mysterious creature from area’s around the world especially the Pacific Northwestern region of the US and Canada. The name Sasquatch meaning “wild’ comes from an Indian dialect thought to be from the Coast Salish Indian tribe of British Columbia. The more common name for the creature “Bigfoot”a journalistic term that was generated by the media in the last century and was used because of large foot prints found thought to be linked to the creature.

Bigfoot has been described in many varying accounts from many different area’s with some ght variance in exact details. Bigfoot is usually described as an ape like creature standing between 6 and 15 feet tall and weighing in the area of 400-600 pounds covered in brown to reddish tinted hair. The creature is often said to large eyes with a low set forehead and brow ridge , often a common human like facial description is mentioned. The creature is also commonly reported to have a strong and rather unpleasant smell by those who have claimed to get close enough. There have also been tracks linked to the creature of zes in the range of 24 inches long and 8 inches wide, hence the nickname ‘bigfoot”.

So the question is, do you believe? Take the poll and lets see what the horror community thinks. Is it myth created by man to peek the interest of future generations or does the lore hold something much more horrific? Like a true, unexplored beast that roams the woods? We want to hear your thoughts.BELOW: The famous Robert Patterson footage taken in 1967. http://youtu.be/QrtdL6Jz13Q
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 7/19/2011 at 02:12 AM | 78924
he is my father.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 7/19/2011 at 02:22 AM | 78926
I would like to believe that Bigfoot exists, but you guys know as well as I do that the "Ape-Man" isn't real.

I do, however love watching Bigfoot related TV shows and movies.
blakenorwood Tuesday 7/19/2011 at 02:21 PM | 78942
I really wouldn't be suprised at all. How many times do we discover new species or find an animal that was believed to be extinct? Only 10 years ago many scientists didn't believe giant squid existed but now there is photographic proof. I say Bigfoot is real.
weaponx Wednesday 8/03/2011 at 12:17 AM | 79801
There are more things in heaven and earth... so, sure. I always find it kind of narcisstic when people think we know all we could ever know on a particular topic, so why not? We DO discover things that we never realized were there before. Look at the coelacanth!
dew Wednesday 8/03/2011 at 01:41 AM | 79827
Wish I could say I believe Big Foots real because as disturbing as it sounds I like the idea of Big Foot and think it would be really cool lol, but unfortunately I don't.Love the movies, documentaries and stuff about it though
kweandee Monday 10/10/2011 at 04:45 PM | 84349