Forums Horror Movie Talk
It's Official! Bruce Campbell Will Cameo In EVIL DEAD Remake

Things are moving lighting fast on the EVIL DEAD remake front. Today, courtesy of director Federico Alvarez in an interview with Spanish webte El Pais, Alvarez had this to say about the chinned one in the remake.

"We realize the mistakes not to make," says Alvarez. "As fans of the original, we know we are going to offend those who are also fans just by taking this job. We're going to honor the original film along with the existing fans and hope to bring in a new audience as well."

"Because we are fans of the original, we realize that nobody wants to see a celebrity in a remake like this," he continues. "The only recognizable face will be that of Bruce Campbell, and he will be in a cameo toward the end of the film. We are going to change the characters and some story details, while keeping the bac outline of friends who are beleaguered by demons in a cabin alone."

Alvarez continues, "Sam Raimi says there's a fine line between horror and comedy. The original Evil Dead was intended as a straight horror movie with scenes of extreme gore directly degned to shock the viewer. I rented the movie with a friend from a video store at just thirteen years old, and that was a big mistake! The film scared the life out of us."

Stay tuned for more on this as we are sure to hear more as things heat up even more.

Source: DreadCentral.com
Shakelford, J. Rusty Wednesday 7/20/2011 at 04:23 AM | 78975
SCREW YOU HOLLYWOOD PEOPLE I AM OFFENDED THAT YOU WOULD EVEN TRY TO REMAKE THIS MOVIE NO WAY I HELL WILL I WASTE MY TIME ON THESE PIECE OF SHIT YOU CALL A REMAKE .NOBODY CAN PLAY ASH BUT BRUCE .IT REALLY BAD ENOUGH YOU SCREW UP ELM STREET AND FRIDAY THE 13H DID'NT YOU LEARN THAT TRUE HORROR FANS DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS SHIT .WE ARE CK OF REMAKE I KNOW I AM SO SCREW YOU AND YOU SHIT REMAKES .THIS MOVIE WILL FAIL NO MATTER WHAT JUST WHAT AND SEE .IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE BRUCE IN A SMALL PART AT THE END WITHOUT HIM THIS MOVIE IS JUST ANOTHER FRIGGEN HOLLYWOOD PIECE OF SHIT .
nightmareblade Wednesday 7/20/2011 at 01:49 PM | 78991