Forums Horror Movie Talk
JURASSIC PARK 4 Is 2-3 Years Away...According To Spielberg - Universal Wants It Out Sooner

Steven Spielberg appeared at The Comic-Con today in San Diego to promote his latest film The Adventures of Tintin, and went on record by saying that there's a writer lined up for Jurasc Park 4. But according to Deadline, the alleged screenwriter Mark Protosevich hasn't been officially hired yet by Universal which is now just starting the process of making this deal happen.

Kathy Kennedy and Spielberg are said to have hand picked Protosevich to deliver the fourquel script. In case your not familiar with his work, his credits include: I Am Legend, Poseidon, The Cell, and the story for Thor. Currently he's working on Spike Lee'sOldboy which Spielberg showed prior interest in remaking.

For years the idea of JP4 has been on a roller-coaster ride. One day it's on the next it's off. But apparently this time the movie is really going to get made. The only snag seems to be a timing issue.

Spielberg said earlier today: "Hopefully we will make Jurasc Park 4 in the next two to three years. But Universal tells me "that sounds too long. It would be great to have it sooner. Within 2 years sounds right: 2013."

Time will only tell if we see the dinosaurs of Jurasc Park once again trampling their way across the screens of America.

Do you think it's a good move to proceed in this project, or should they put the old dinosaurs of JP to rest?

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Saturday 7/23/2011 at 02:07 AM | 79154
JP3 was a bit of a let down... Mainly due to a poor script and casting choices in my opinion. But I will always be excited for more Dinosaur action! And I wanna see T-Rex rip it up instead of the Spinosaurus.
R-Awesome85 Saturday 7/23/2011 at 02:39 AM | 79158