Forums Horror Movie Talk
WHO IS THE BEST SLASHER ICON?

Who is your favorite slasher from the movies? Voorhees? Myers? Krueger? Crowley? Vernon? Phibes? Leatherface? Jigsaw? Answer this poll and show your opinion of who is THE Slasher villian of all time.

If your favorite is not on the list, or you have an interesting suggestion, put it in a comment so that I can add it to the poll.
Kidtut Saturday 7/23/2011 at 01:08 PM | 79174
I love them all, but overall it has to be Jason. Highest body count and originality as well.
sirbrad Sunday 7/24/2011 at 09:16 AM | 79209
Its obviously Michael. Jason is close, but lets be honest with ourselves - Michael is the original Jason.

I think people are in denial if they think ANY Friday the 13th film (as much as i love them - and i do love them) holds a freakin' candle to Halloween. Jason doesn't even exist without Halloween. Bottom line. Michael gets the nod, here.

BTW: my personal favorite would be "Billy" or the unnamed killer from Black Christmas.
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 7/24/2011 at 11:10 AM | 79211
Its obviously Michael. Jason is close, but lets be honest with ourselves - Michael is the original Jason.

I think people are in denial if they think ANY Friday the 13th film (as much as i love them - and i do love them) holds a freakin' candle to Halloween. Jason doesn't even exist without Halloween. Bottom line. Michael gets the nod, here.

BTW: my personal favorite would be "Billy" or the unnamed killer from Black Christmas.

I actually think of Norman Bates as the original of all of them, without PSYCHO's success, there might not even have been Halloween... but I completely agree with you on the Friday the 13th's vs Halloween... Jason is awesome, but the F13 films are more of a "Fun" watch, while Halloween is the film I would show to scare people. However, I did like the remake of F13 better than Rob Zombie's Halloween. But the clasc Myers is the KING of Slashers. ...Leatherface is pretty awesome too, He's right behind Myers and Bates in my book, followed by Freddy, then Jason....
Kidtut Monday 7/25/2011 at 12:49 AM | 79234
I love Halloween but it is more about suspense, and I actually thought a lot of the kills were boring. I love Jason's creativity, and he continues to kill after he was killed and came back from the grave. We don't know if Michael is dead or not, or if he just can't be killed. But Jason is definitely more powerful and has more exciting kills.
sirbrad Sunday 7/31/2011 at 04:15 PM | 79642
My vote is obvious here. But very wrong. It's just where my brain happens to wander every time this subject is brought up. But Michael is a close second. I've just never been a very big Jason fan.

Kiki_Freddy's_girl Monday 8/01/2011 at 06:11 PM | 79686