Forums Horror Movie Talk
Ranking The Alien Franchise, Film For Film!

In 1979 Ridley Scott altered the landscape of horror and science fiction when he shocked the world with the terrifying creature feature, Alien. nce then the franchise has gone on to secure an amazing fanbase that have, ultimately, led to the release of three direct sequels and two crossover collion flicks, Aliens Versus Predator and Aliens Versus Predator: Requiem.

In light of the forthcoming prequel, Prometheus, I’ve decided it’s time to break down each series installment, ranking each feature, beginning with the weakest of the bunch, and of course concluding with the strongest franchise offering.

While the majority of genre fanatics tend to dismiss both AVP features when discusng the Alien films, I’ve decided to include them in this list, as I personally feel they merit at least acknowledgement.

Matt_Molgaard Saturday 7/23/2011 at 07:58 PM | 79189
Joss Whedon wrote the script for Resurrection, and then they butchered it and it ended up almost nothing like his vion.
HorrorDaily Saturday 7/23/2011 at 10:02 PM | 79193
Alien and Aliens are two films that i conder to be great. I enjoyed Alien 3 i guess... but that was right when they started ung CGI and it looks God-awful.

I can definitely smell a reboot coming soon for the Alien series, and i'm not talking about AVP.
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 7/23/2011 at 10:48 PM | 79194
I'm going to have to revit AVP:R; when I first saw it years ago I remember thinking how much better it was than the Power Rangers-like AVP. But all the hate I'm reading about it makes me think I must have been watching a different film!
joshk1986 Sunday 7/24/2011 at 06:13 AM | 79207