Forums Horror Movie Reviews
A Remake That Gets It Right! - Night Of The Demons Review

Night of the demons is a remake. Everyone should know that, but I think it's always good to get that out in the open first. Some people will have stopped reading after that sentence, while others will read on with their minds already made. Remakes get a lot of hate in the horror community, and understandable so. I mean if you take and make a new veron of a character I love, I'm going to hold the new one to higher standards.

That said, I think I'm a bigger fan of this remake, then the original.

The story is mple, huge party being thrown at a house that people went misng in years and years ago, for the Halloween season. The party is busted by the cops, but a handful of guests get stuck in the house. One by one they are killed or possessed by demons. We've heard

it all before, so what makes this one better then others?Sex, blood, and more sex. The demons in this one spread through sexual acts, such as kisng, and demon anal. They also spread through death, rip some one's face and tits off? Don't worry, they'll be back up in a few minutes. There is a lot of sexual fun in this one, that works every time I view it, where Trailer Park Of Terror it feels forced and just gets annoying on further viewings.

The special effects are quite well done. There's some shaky camera work, so some of the special effects and action is a little hard to follow, and I've never been a fan of that, but it isn't too bad in this one. The writing is quite good, which is a surprise, nce it shares writer/director of Autopsy, which was quite weak in the writing department. Adam Gierasch has been writing horror movies nce 2000, most are hit and miss, miss in my opinion, but this one comes across as well written, and fun.A lot has changed from the original, but it makes sense when you think of how 80s those movies are. This one feels like a modern re-telling, and works well as one. I connect eaer to this one then the older, but that's in no way something to hold against the original. Watch them both!

Score - 80% Gore - 8/10http://youtu.be/h39vkGjkTf0
HorrorDaily Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 09:38 PM | 79315
I have never seen the original but I did find this flick in the 3 for $20 bin at Blockbuster and decided to give it a chance. It was surpringly good. It was cheesy but in a good way and had a few gross moments, which is always a plus.
Ryze Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 10:11 PM | 79319
Ooh I didn't even realize this had gotten a remake. I remember renting the original as a kid from one of those indie hole in the wall video stores where they let 10 year olds rent R-rated flicks! I will definitely have to check this out.
dew Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 10:16 PM | 79320
I haven't seen the original in years. This trailer intrigues me, and I'll watch for a copy. Great article, thanks for sharing.
aceofspades70 Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 10:29 PM | 79324
I wasn't too entertained by this one. Thankfully, I got the DVD for 99 cents at Big Lots lol
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 7/26/2011 at 11:14 PM | 79327