Forums Horror Movie Talk
Black Xmas Movie Trailer Controversy

Have you ever noticed in the Black Xmas movie trailer there are scenes that are not seen in the movie?

A while ago I read this article about it..

To quote Wikipedia, Black Xmas... "Additional footage that was shot solely for advertisement purposes, at the request of Dimenon Films. Apparently, Morgan never knew about the shooting of this footage and was enraged when he watched the trailer and realized scenes were shot without his consent. This footage was only included in the theatrical trailer and televion ads, and never was intended to be part of the film. This footage included some of the cast members (including Michelle Trachtenberg and Lacey Chabert), but also featured an unknown actress who was never part of the film's initial production.

These are the following: -An unknown caller ringing (posbly Billy). When the girls answer, he replies "All is calm, all is bright, who is in my house tonight?" -A woman rubbing the snow off her car and a hand reaching through it. -A woman falling off the roof tangled in Christmas lights. -A woman being dragged through the snow by a Christmas lights machine. -Melissa in the hallway with a flashlight while Billy is on the ceiling ready to strike with an axe.

Also, in one of the TV spots, there is another scene that did not make it into the final movie. It consts of the doorbell ringing and Melissa answering it armed with a shotgun. She aims it and says "Merry Christmas, motherfucker!" Instead Kelli has that line when she hits Billy with a crutch during her chase in the hospital In the US, two verons were released on home video - both R-Rated and Unrated. The DVD release of the film also features all of the alternate endings and deleted scenes from the film, but no trace of the advertisement footage was ever seen nor mentioned after the movie finished its theatrical run."

http://youtu.be/h3_ds1XCM
BloodyAdored Wednesday 7/27/2011 at 02:13 AM | 79342
Everytime I watch the damn movie, I look for that christmas light scene. It was the only part of the trailer I even liked. Those bastards!
HorrorDaily Wednesday 7/27/2011 at 02:18 AM | 79343
Everytime I watch the damn movie, I look for that christmas light scene. It was the only part of the trailer I even liked. Those bastards

I know right!!! When I first watched it I was SO excited to see that Christmas lights grinder thing or whatever it is but NOOOOO it was all LIES!!! D:
BloodyAdored Wednesday 7/27/2011 at 02:25 AM | 79345