Forums Horror Movie Talk
An All New 'TALES FROM THE CRYPT' Series Unrelated To HBO Is In The Works

Tales from the Crypt enjoyed a prosperous seven-year-run on HBO, and fifteen years later I'm excited as hell to say that one of my all-time favorite horror anthologies is coming back.

According to Deadline a new TV series based on the popular

EC Comics anthology from the 50s is in the works with

Gil Adler who served as the former producer on the HBO Crypt series. Andrew Cosby, co-creator of Syfy hit Eureka and co-founder of comic book publisher BOOM! Studios is also involved in the project which is unrelated to the popular HBO series.

Cosby laid down some of the details earlier saying, "It will be an ongoing series that uses characters from the comic books in a more modern context. It's all about continually elevating the genre, for both existing fans of the source material and mainstream audiences."

A detailed pitch for the new Tale From The Crypt series have been completed along with a bible, and the producers are expected to start looking for a channel to call home. Thus far there have been some rumblings about potential interest from HBOs ster channel Cinemax. But before the producers take the new Crypt series to the U.S networks, they are strongly condering both a traditional network model and non-traditional route for the project.

Source: Deadline
Anonymous Thursday 7/28/2011 at 01:46 AM | 79421
I'd better get out my shades because I think I see heaven before me!
ObscureCinema101 Thursday 7/28/2011 at 02:20 AM | 79423
Man this is amazing news!
Ryn Friday 7/29/2011 at 12:16 AM | 79487