Forums Horror Movie Talk
X-Files: I Want to Believe . . .

Don't go into this thinking it's a continuation of the TV series. Has nothing to do with it really, nor the first X-Files movie. The idea I thought could have been played out more then what it ultimatly ended being, but wasn't.

Still, an ok movie.
SithLord Friday 7/25/2008 at 07:46 AM | 16364
sounds like i may avoid it
Johnny Bisco Friday 7/25/2008 at 12:10 PM | 16370
My wife is dragging me to this tomorrow so I'll post up my thoughts after I view it. .. have to say I wasn't a die hard X-files series fan but I followed it enough to know what was happened every season.

I like the last movie just fine.

I heard this one is just like another episode so I'm just expecting an enjoyable flick and not hoping for too much.
DaShape Saturday 7/26/2008 at 05:09 AM | 16438
Ok so I saw it.

You know, I actually kind of liked it.

First off, it seemed like this was made for the fans.

There was never any real concluon or ending for the series and this felt more like an "ending".The actual plot to rescue the misng persons seemed to take a back seat to the issues of Mulder and Scully finally moving on with their lives (which was the sub-plot).

It really is just a big episode so don't go into this thinking you're going to see the next greatest thing.

If you were a fan of the series and would like to see Mulder and Scully take one last crack at the X-files then you'll probably really enjoy this.

So, if you want to see what SHOULD have been the series finally then go see this movie.

. . . and it was nice to see a "familiar" character show back up for old times sake!
DaShape Sunday 7/27/2008 at 03:46 AM | 16514