Forums Horror Movie Talk
How Can We Not Be Afraid of the Dark After Watching These Films?

In honor of Don't Be Afraid of the Dark due out in theaters August 26, 2011 I've decided to compile a list of other movie that deal with the dark! Personally I do not have a fear of the dark so I doubt this film will scare me but I know there are plenty of people in the world that do have the fear who will most likely be scared sh*tless. I know there is tons out there so I can't posbly list them all which is why I ask you to please reply with film that deal with the fear of darkness!

Here is the movie trailer for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark... After witnesng a horrific and traumatic event, Julia Lund, a graduate student in psychology, gradually comes to the realization that everything which scared her as a child could be real. And whats worse, it might be coming back to get her...

Fear of Dark Twelve year old Ryan Billings has been diagnosed with an acute fear of the dark. He spends each night lying awake in torment, waiting and watching as the evil in the darkness grows stronger, feeding off his fear. His older brother Dale, suspects that there is nothing wrong with Ryan and that this is just a ploy for more attention. Regardless, he promises to watch over his little brother as their parents head off to a party for the night. Outde a storm rages and when the power goes out, darkness envelops the house. Ryan knows that tonight the evil has finally come to claim him. Dale desperately tries everything to try and calm him down, until the horrors in the dark make him realize Ryan had good reason to be so afraid

The Descent A caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators.

30 Days of Night This is the story of an isolated Alaskan town that is plunged into darkness for a month each year when the sun nks below the horizon. As the last rays of light fade, the town is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires bent on an uninterrupted orgy of destruction. Only the small towns husband-and-wife Sheriff team stand between the survivors and certain destruction.
BloodyAdored Friday 7/29/2011 at 08:34 PM | 79542
fucking THANK YOU!! It's been nothing but news news news today and virtually zero original content - I need REAL ARTICLES IN MY LIFE! haha

good list, 30 Days of Night is arguably my favorite vampire flick, and definitely taps more than a ngle nerve!
Matt_Molgaard Friday 7/29/2011 at 11:19 PM | 79550
fucking THANK YOU!! It's been nothing but news news news today and virtually zero original content - I need REAL ARTICLES IN MY LIFE! haha

good list, 30 Days of Night is arguably my favorite vampire flick, and definitely taps more than a ngle nerve

Have you ever seen Bitten? It's my personal favorite vampire film, and heavily influencing the novel I am working on.
HorrorDaily Saturday 7/30/2011 at 12:03 AM | 79555

good list, 30 Days of Night is arguably my favorite vampire flick, and definitely taps more than a ngle nerve

Have you ever seen Bitten? It's my personal favorite vampire film, and heavily influencing the novel I am working on.

you know, I'm not certain, give me a little info on it - I'm lazy today, imdb isnt my friend at this time haha
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 7/30/2011 at 12:07 AM | 79558

You're FUCKING WELCOME!!!!! :)
BloodyAdored Saturday 7/30/2011 at 12:42 AM | 79559
Great list, thanks for the fantastic read - although I didn't think too much of THEY.

Favourite vampire flick is From Dusk Till Dawn - no question!
joshk1986 Saturday 7/30/2011 at 08:49 AM | 79584