Forums Horror Movie Talk
Woolite with a Sadisitic Twist - Rob Zombie's Initial Ad Campaign

Rob Zombie just never ceases to amaze. He can be condered a true renaissance man as he succeeds with multiple mediums from muc, film and art, in which most, if not all, of his muc videos and album artwork was predominantly done himself.

But while touring in Australia this year, the ultimate challenge sprung upon him: to deliver a dark, but constructive, message for Woolite. It was Zombie’s first attempt at directing a commercial, but who better to implement zombies and a nister atmosphere into a laundry advertisement?

Zombie headed to Vancouver to shoot the ad campaign over the course of only two days. But the ultimate challenge was to deliver the message within a 30-second duration. But with the help of his director of photography from Halloween 2, Zombie established stylish camerawork, effects and muc that seemed more like a horror short-film than a commercial.

It’s very rare these days where televion advertisements actually deem its product justice, nonetheless provide at least a fraction of entertainment accountability. But it’s about time someone in the board meetings got it right, and decided to put a spin on a product with a sadistic touch. And Zombie delivers that very message profoundly.

buried13 Tuesday 8/02/2011 at 12:55 PM | 79763
We need more commercials like this : D
BloodyAdored Tuesday 8/02/2011 at 02:48 PM | 79766
Yes! More commercials like this indeed!
NightShape Tuesday 8/02/2011 at 03:36 PM | 79769
Heh. That's quite clever.
dew Tuesday 8/02/2011 at 09:37 PM | 79785
I like this commercial alot..Not just because I am a huge Zombie fan..But because I also have been ung Woolite for years. I started buying the veron of it for dark clothing, because I have a lot of black clothes..Band shirts and horror movie t shirts and such..I have some really cool shirts and I want to keep them as long as posble, and when I used to use Tide, it did end up caung a lot of things to fade. Well, because I use Woolite, the Captain Spaulding shirts I got around the time The Devil's Rejects came out still look new, so I would say that Woolite does work..If you don't want your horror t shirts fading on you, you should start ung it.
Moon Wednesday 8/03/2011 at 01:01 AM | 79817