Forums Horror Collectibles
Terminator 2 Life-sized Costume

I have been wanting to do this project for many years now but held off as I could not find a decent mask or exposed endoskeleton parts. I figured they would be way to hard to make, but I know if I put my mind to something I can achieve it so I tried making them and they came out pretty good for my first attempt. I used cardboard and some eva foam parts so far, and this will be a wearable costume and a life-zed. I wanted a licone mask from Howard S Studios, but he makes them for display only and they are very expenve. But I found another great mask that will be great for display and wearing which will be shown later when the project is complete. At first I was going to use chrome paint, but I wanted that reflective chrome look so I went with aluminum tape as I like that shiny, reflective metal look. Plus much of it will be covered anyway depending on how much weathering I add. But so far so good. I used a shin guard for the exposed shin and added some cardboard shaping. I also used some pipe plates cut in half for the knee joint. This will be a custom part 2/3 look but mostly T2 based. The cardboard parts were definitely a major pain and I am very happy with how they came out the first time. I am really looking forward to this one being done. :)

sirbrad Tuesday 8/02/2011 at 04:45 PM | 79775
Added a more realistic fleshtone and first layer of dark blood on the wounds.

sirbrad Wednesday 8/03/2011 at 03:20 AM | 79841
sirbrad Wednesday 8/03/2011 at 05:54 PM | 79879
Connecting an LED light with battery pack and switch, also added some tape to the LED holder to make it blend in and look chrome from the front. Got the skin more weathered now as well which will be seen in the next pics.

sirbrad Monday 8/15/2011 at 08:55 AM | 80671
Testing out the brand new motorcycle boots ready to be destroyed lol. Also making the M79 grenades which are coming along great.

sirbrad Friday 9/02/2011 at 06:11 AM | 82067
Working on the gloves. Pics a little blurry for now nce I had to hold my hand up and the camera with my oppote hand, but will have better ones later once done.

sirbrad Sunday 9/04/2011 at 05:22 AM | 82144
Added more fingers and flesh, and base layer of blood on cut edges. Hot glued them all in. Details will show up way better in daylight, but still on the work table for now.

sirbrad Sunday 9/04/2011 at 09:51 AM | 82146
Added another LED light and battery for the bottom compartment.

sirbrad Monday 9/05/2011 at 07:51 AM | 82184
Looks great so far!
sweartoeric Monday 9/12/2011 at 02:55 PM | 82506
Started to make my first M1919A Browning Machine Gun out of foam and PVC pipe.

sirbrad Tuesday 9/13/2011 at 12:44 AM | 82536
Got the first coat of paint on the barrel and added end pieces to the grenades, and firing pins.

sirbrad Thursday 9/15/2011 at 12:30 AM | 82733
Coming along nicely, getting very tricky and difficult now to match up all the foam piece by piece, and once you hot glue it is tough to get off. But I love the challenge and so far so good!

sirbrad Friday 9/16/2011 at 03:40 AM | 82813
I just added a coat of textured black paint with some gray in it, looks just like gun metal. Might make it damaged some as well. Will have pics soon. Here is a little teaser trailer I made for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4fa9RbHE2Q
sirbrad Saturday 9/17/2011 at 12:23 AM | 82841
It is a VERY tough bulid especially for my first try, but so far so good! I might also make an M-79 Grenade launcher out of foam later. This already feels like a real gun, gonna be super ck! I am also working on various weathering color schemes, but first I am painting it up to look like a new gun, a blackish gray textured color.

sirbrad Sunday 9/18/2011 at 03:32 AM | 82886
Ung my 1:6 gun for inspiration. Got the rear ghts mounted.

sirbrad Sunday 9/18/2011 at 11:06 PM | 82924
Adding screws and hanger tape, and finished front and rear ghts. Also added the handle (hose sprayer) in the back. Also made a loading top knob out of foam and a dowel rod.
sirbrad Monday 9/19/2011 at 03:47 AM | 82947
Got the front ghts done, and firing mechanism, and added the flat coat of black on the body. Now getting ready to paint the body to match the texted grayish black barrel. Will get outdoor pics soon.

sirbrad Wednesday 9/21/2011 at 02:05 AM | 83065
Almost done, really coming to life! I can't believe I made this and it is foam, PVC mostly. I love how it turned out!

sirbrad Wednesday 9/21/2011 at 05:49 PM | 83101
sirbrad Wednesday 9/21/2011 at 07:02 PM | 83105
I just painted it all chrome so I can weather it up and make it look older and like aged steel, and maybe add some rust

sirbrad Wednesday 9/21/2011 at 07:57 PM | 83107
Stage 1 weathering on the leather, bright sun kinda washed out the colors on this one. I also built the battle damage areas into the leather clothes to make it less complicated and less hot, as the jacket is already pretty hot and weighs over 10 pounds. Also added all the bullet holes, and scrapes ad rips etc. These were bascially brand new and it was really shiny so it has been a ton of work just to get this far. But coming along great so far. Closer to the real color, I also dragged the lather on the pavement to mulate the actual look. Will be doing the more detailed blood work soon.

sirbrad Tuesday 9/27/2011 at 11:32 AM | 83349
That's some mad talent. Awesome work!
haloboyvash Monday 10/10/2011 at 05:42 PM | 84356
Got it about 90% done, still got to work on the shotgun which I stripped down, and I have to paint up to look aged and older like my M1919A4, as opposed to shiny, new and black. I wanted the official lever action shotgun but no one had it in stock and it is way too expenve anyway. So I am just ung a pump one as a secondary firearm over my shoulder, nce my main gun is the T3 M19194A I made. The mask is by John Thomas and the best one overall that I could find as far as wearing and displaying. I wanted a licone one from HSS studios but they are also very expenve and not wearable. But I love the details on this mask. I also put in a glass eye and it looks creepily real. Also has a red LED light installed, and the blue lights I made in the chest piece, one blinking and one always on with quick changeable battery options. This was more of a costume for me than a life-zed, so I bought clothes that would be kinda big on me and slightly small on the mannequin. So I could not bulk it up more as the clothes are already tight. I might do another veron fully bulked later if I get bigger clothes for a life-zed.

I also plan on doing one more battle damaged veron with more damage and endo arm. Here are some pics of my work in progress, and got some videos coming soon! I am very happy with how it came out and plan on doing more later.

sirbrad Saturday 10/22/2011 at 05:21 PM | 85702
I also made the modified trigger on the de so that you can shoot from the hip like in T3, but I took it off due to weight, as the PVC pipe was pulling forward too much. So I also took out the inner barrel, and made all the modifications so it is easy for me to carry one handed. I thought about carrying a fabric coffin, but it would still be hard to hold my arm up for hours. Plus I would have no free hands then to make adjustments. I also was gonna do the drum magazine but also scrapped it due to weight. But I might still put all them on later for a display M1919A4. But I will be ung a bullet belt, will have pics and videos soon.

After the lady hit him with her cast.

sirbrad Saturday 10/22/2011 at 09:34 PM | 85712
Aging the once all black shotgun to look like it was chrome metal at one time, before all the battle damage.

sirbrad Saturday 10/22/2011 at 10:54 PM | 85716
That is totally f'n amazing! I can't believe how great that looks! Some seriously talented people on this te, I'm blown away.
Jonny Sicko Saturday 10/22/2011 at 11:24 PM | 85722
Thanks a lot I appreciate it! But yeah not too bad for my first attempt, but all that practice making horror costumes helped some. I hope to do a larger one more bulked up with bigger clothes for a permanent display piece sometime. Also want to do one a flexible mannequin to hod the shotgun or an M79 greande launcher which I might make.
sirbrad Saturday 10/22/2011 at 11:59 PM | 85725
sirbrad Sunday 10/23/2011 at 07:28 AM | 85735
Thanks all! Did another video for fun and took some pics when I got home. Won my event again which was cool :) All the people went crazy and I posted a lot of comments that I heard on facebook. I plan to add some muzzle flashes, bullets flying, and exploons to my video. Or if anyone does that let me know as I am not sure when I can get the software and have time to do it. Had to use my old photo video camera nce my other one had a dead battery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuvgQO3vEK4

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2386/imag00026.jpg" class="photoborder" />

sirbrad Monday 10/31/2011 at 03:08 AM | 86152