Forums Horror Movie Talk
STRANGELAND II: Disciple - "Dead In The Water?"

...According to Ex-Rocker Dee Snider it is.

It was about a year ago when we last heard any news regarding the sequel to Dee Snider's cult clasc Strangeland.

But ever nce the film was given the green light, there's been many different circumstances that have prevented Snider from bringing the film to fruition.

Originally Captain Howdy was set to appear in Strangeland II which was slated to begin shooting in the fall of 2009 with a tentative release date in 2010 - but that got pushed back to the fall of 2011...

Now today we learned from Dread Central that in response to a fan's question on Twitter as to "whatever happened to Strangeland 2??", Snider stated, "Dead in the water. #soeffingfrustrated."

This news sucks!! I was a huge fan of the first film, and have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for a sequel. Hopefully someone will reach out and lend their hand to Dee, so we can finally see Captain Howdy back in action again. This on again off again nonsense is a bunch of crap.

If Strangeland II never see's the light of day, would you care? Comment below.
Anonymous Thursday 8/04/2011 at 07:45 PM | 79979
Awwww..

I thought you were going to say it was finally going to happen! Damnit! LOL. But I as well am still waitinggggggggggg..... I LOVED the first one as cheesy as it was. It was a pretty awesome story, THEN there was Robert Englund!! THEN the first girl killed had my name..Tiana,and NO ONE ever has my name!
ImTheWolf Thursday 8/04/2011 at 08:07 PM | 79981
Is there any indication why the film is dead in the water?

I liked Strangeland a lot and was really excited to find out there was a sequel in the works.

Hope springs eternal...
gothique Thursday 8/04/2011 at 08:17 PM | 79982
I'm not bothered. I really dug the first flick (still have that beast on vhs lmao), but after awhile I had pretty much come to terms with the fact that a sequel would never really happen. Now, it's mply a fun standalone, and I've learned to be okay with that.
Matt_Molgaard Thursday 8/04/2011 at 08:24 PM | 79985
I think Dee made the comment based on his frustrations to get this movie done. It's been pretty much green lit ever nce the first part was released back in '98, but the company that released it was indicted by the federal government which tied up the property for 7 years. Then from there it's been one obstacle after another.
Anonymous Thursday 8/04/2011 at 08:28 PM | 79986
I just watched the first one last night, for the first time, was quite good. But it didn't leave room for a sequel, at least in my opinion. Mind you it's horror, so if all else fails the sequel will be in space.
HorrorDaily Friday 8/05/2011 at 06:56 PM | 80069