Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Too Much Drama, Not Enough 'SLASH' Review

Sometimes when watching movies to review, you come across one that you want to like. It starts out strong enough, that if it can just keep with it, you know you can look passed the little flaws, and leave feeling good about the experience. This wasn't the case with Slash. After watching his murderous grandfather burn to death, by an accident he cased, Mac and his mother leave behind his father, and the Macdonald farm. Jump years later, and Mac is the lead in an all to shitty 'rock' band. After playing a show, Mac finds out that his aunt has died, and returns home with the band for the funeral, but there's something else going on at the farm, something to do with the harvest. The Harvest Of Blood.Slash calls it's self a slasher, but there is very little horror, or slashing going on for the most part of the movie. Which is a shame. Despite the low budget, when we get to see the slashing, it looks pretty good. The movie needed to be more death, less drama. Drama only works if we care about the characters involved in it.

And that brings me to my next point. The characters in Slash suck. I found it extremely hard to give a damn about any of them. You got the black keyboard player who spends the time pointing his gun at everything, and insulting the locals. You got Mac's girlfriend, the basst, who just comes off

as ultra bitch. You got your stoner, your groupie slut, your self-righteous lead guitar. Pretty much every character in the movie is a stereotype. So do I hate Slash? No not really, but I don't love it. I don't really like it either, it was too little to late, and with an extenve library of slashers out there to choose from, you can conder this one slashed off my list of recommendations

Score - 30% Gore - 6/10

http://youtu.be/WKMbsENuBuw
HorrorDaily Sunday 8/07/2011 at 01:09 AM | 80157
BloodyAdored Sunday 8/07/2011 at 01:26 AM | 80159
All I remember in this film is that stupid dad saying 'I'm just yanking your chain' over and over again! Such a lame film!
joshk1986 Sunday 8/07/2011 at 03:51 AM | 80168
Well he had to say it over and over again, that way when the son says it before he fights back, We know where it came from.The film makers really went for a dumbed down movie.
HorrorDaily Sunday 8/07/2011 at 04:38 AM | 80171