Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Howard Stern Show Responsible For Leaking Pirated SUPER 8 Print?

Talk about a very peculiar tuation. Your not gonna believe what's being reported by Deadline - According to the online te, a bootlegged copy of the JJ Abrams-directed Super 8 has shown up on various content-thieving webtes - and someone on the Howard Stern Show may be the blame.

Apparently it's not uncommon for rius XM's morning man Howard Stern, to receive advance screeners like Super 8 so he can talk aptly about the upcoming films that he likes on air. The print that was given to Stern was said to be watermarked with the Paramount Pictures logo, and "H Stern" in the right hand corner - which is common practice for film companies and networks like HBO to routinely personalize these advance screeners in order to protect themselves against piracy.

Paramount admitted to presng a screener for the Stern Show, however upon investigating there have been no indication that anyone from Stern's show was involved, but still the question remains - How did Super 8 make it into the hands of pirates? The task to find the culprit remains a difficult one, because the movie was sent out almost 2 month ago. However it's believed that one of the staff members may have gotten their hands on it and posted the copy despite the fact that it had the watermark with Stern's name on it.

Super 8 has grossed over $185 million worldwide thus far, but now that a copy has leaked online, it's posble that a nice little dent might be put into the film's ancillary fortunes.

If you take a look on Stern Fan Network.com you'll see that there's already an "who done it" poll being conducted on the te to determine if someone on the Stern Show got a nice chunk of change for posting the Abrams film. What's your thought? Who do you think did it? Ralph, Robin, Gary or any of the other lackies? Let us know in the comments section below.

Source:Deadline
Anonymous Sunday 8/07/2011 at 01:22 AM | 80158
Piraters are literally unstoppable either way. Sadly in my area just going to the flea market or yard sale you will see tons of pirated copies for sale. What is even more sad, my mother who is a 4th grade teacher was telling me of how when she asked her students on what movie they should watch for a class party like 75% of them would say some movie that is not even out on dvd yet. My mother would say "umm that movie is not out yet" and they would say "No, I have a copy of it!". It is very upsetting to hear that so many people buy pirated movies and their kids think its normal to have a copy of the movie before its on sale in stores.

As for blaming Howard Stern. I wouldn't blame him mply because EVERY ngle film that is made is pirated and sold before the store wide release date.

Personally I would NEVER buy a pirated movie or download one for free illegally because having worked on some short films myself I know how much money, time, and sweat go into the film.

Wow I wrote a lot more than I was expecting to write haha
BloodyAdored Sunday 8/07/2011 at 01:39 AM | 80160