Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Takashi Miike's IMPRINT Coming to Blu-ray In Germany: Watch Your Mouth

Japanese director Takashi Miike's highly controveral film Imprint which was part of the popular Masters of Horror series is set to be released on Blu-ray in Germany, courtesy of Splendid Entertainment. Early reports indicate that this "Black Edition" will contain the film's uncut veron. Street date is set for October 28th. No word on whether this veron will hit the US or not, so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed in the meantime.

Plot Synops:

In the Nineteenth Century, in Japan, the American journalist Christopher is traveling through the country searching Komomo, the misng love of his life that he had abandoned years ago proming to come back to her later. He arrives in a shadowy island inhabited by whores and caftans, where he has an encounter with a deformed prostitute that tells that his beloved Komomo had passed away. He drinks sake with her and later he asks the woman to tell the story of her life. The prostitute discloses a dark and cruel story about her life and the sad fate of Komomo.
Anonymous Monday 8/08/2011 at 03:26 AM | 80227
This is good news, Germany is a hard place to get good horror, I keep reading about movies being banned there. Evil Dead wasn't released uncut in Germany until 2001.

Takashi Miike is my all time favorite Japanese horror directer, hell my favorite Japanese directer in general, as all of his films are awesome.
HorrorDaily Monday 8/08/2011 at 03:35 AM | 80230