Forums Horror Movie Talk
Do You Remember Your First Horror Film? Share your first frightful cinema experience

As homage to our youth (or posbly later in life for some) we'll always remember our very first horror movie that just downright scared the hell out of us! I'm posting this interactive forum to see which scary movie kept you awake through the wee hours of the night (as well as your age at the time if you remember), and have kept you hooked to horror ever nce!

For myself, I was around 12 years old or so going to my local video store and renting a stack of scary movies nce the horror section intrigued my interest due to its graphic/stylish cover art. To kick off my thrill-filled weekend, I popped in Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988), and although for the rest of the night I was constantly looking over my shoulder, my love for horror was initiated as Mikey stalked the streets of Haddonfield.

Now let's hear about your experience. Have fun!

buried13 Monday 8/08/2011 at 12:20 PM | 80249
The movie that initiated me to horror (despite not technically being counted as a 'horror movie') was ALIEN. My mum showed it to me on VHS when I was 11 years old and from that moment on I was hooked. In the very same month I went on to watch all of the Alien sequels (at that point they only went up to Alien3), The Shining, IT, Halloween and Christine.

Thanks Alien!
joshk1986 Thursday 8/11/2011 at 10:57 AM | 80435