Forums Horror Movie Talk
Character Collision: Creeper vs. Wishmaster

It’s about time two more iconic villains engaged in hypothetical battle. This time around, The Creeper will toe the line with the almighty djinn, the Wishmaster (thanks to you bidites who helped with recommendations!).

If it seems a somewhat strange pairing, think again, and examine the powers of each of these hideous creatures. Both possess the ability to regenerate quite ealy, both are always hungry for some. . . piece of man, and both spend far too much time away from routine slaughtering.

Durability

This one is a really tough call. The Wishmaster is an absolute beast who doesn’t exactly absorb much punishment. In fact, the best way to topple this antagonist is magic, and while that doesn’t sound too difficult, finding oneself in a potion to defeat this ancient creature is no walk in the park. Of course conventional wisdom works wonders, and if wishes are eliminated from the equation, this djinn could find himself in serious trouble.

Having said all that, I don’t think the Creeper is smart enough to outwit the old relic. You can bet Creeper won’t be issuing wishes in a verbal sense, but his unbridled lust for specific body parts should certainly be construed as genuine dere.

Let’s say for a minute however, that wishes are washed away, and these two are given free reign at each other. The Creeper is a freak of nature in so many ways it’s difficult to fathom him coming up short in this battle. Rip his face apart; he’ll grow a new one. Tear his wings to shreds; they’ll reform in the nick of time. Tear out those hideous chompers… well, no I don’t think even the Wishmaster would attempt that deed.

Edge: The Creeper – Quite plainly put, this beastie is about as close to invincible as they come, while a little sly trickery and moral standards can be a vicious weapon to the djinn.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2hhlxd0.jpg" class="photoborder" />

Combative Creativity

I think this one is a relatively easy call.

The Creeper sets out to rip the flesh, limbs and whatever else he deems derable from the body of his victims. It’s brutally effective and quite creative at times, but he’s a head-on, plain and mple butcher.

The Wishmaster on the other hand, pulls tricks from his sleeves that would leave Johnny Chan dumbfounded. He can turn you into a mannequin, give you a stroke, hell, he can do whatever he wants, and without even lifting a finger. If The Creeper hints at a ngle dere, he’s in deep shit.

Edge: The Wishmaster – this fellow just has too many tools at his disposal. He’s in fact virtually limitless, and that could well spell disaster for an agile, yet one-dimenonal monster like The Creeper.

Defenve Skills

Ah, here’s where things become ridiculously tricky. The Wishmaster pretty much comes and goes as he pleases. He’s here one second, and gone the next, only to pop up from the rear and tear the heart from some poor saps chest cavity. That’s slick defense right there that falls back on good ole boxing advice: hit and don’t be hit.

Can The Creeper overcome this daunting challenge? I believe so. While the djinn may be super sneaky, The Creeper is lightning in the darkest hour: he’s there before his victims know it, and when he’s set his tes on a goal, that goal is pretty much gore.

I see The Creeper utilizing his impresve wingspan to confuse The Wishmaster, swoop when need be and pick him apart piece by piece. But, we’re once again dealing with an issue, just what the hell will all that damage do to a creature who’s proficient in regeneration?

Edge: Tie.

Grand Assessment; Final Prediction

This bout ensures an initial hint of caution before all hell breaks loose. I see nauseatingly large chunks of flesh and bone flying, some wit at work, and a battle that lasts about 23 years, until it’s time for The Creeper to go get some rest after what must be condered an extremely close tie.

I’d like to pick the Creeper based on his versatile phycal capabilities, but you can never overlook intelligence.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 03:59 PM | 80319
Great read. I hope you do more of these!
ObscureCinema101 Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 04:02 PM | 80320
Very clever face-off. Are you going to bracket and move them on to new rounds?

denote though? God I hated Wishmaster. Never felt so ripped off at a theater in my life.
dew Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 04:54 PM | 80321
Very clever face-off. Are you going to bracket and move them on to new rounds?

denote though? God I hated Wishmaster. Never felt so ripped off at a theater in my life.

It may be because I know Andrew Divoff and Robert Kurtzman, but I love it. the Reggie Bannister cameo was AWESOME!!
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 05:28 PM | 80324
Wishmaster all the way...as long as its Andrew Divoff playing him...wishmaster 3 and 4 suck big time,,,
chardy Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 05:31 PM | 80325
Very cool I agree with with the outcome. These are so fun to read hope you do more crazy match ups
DoubleshotJ Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 08:08 PM | 80332
Another awesome match up man.

Now start the requests for the next one again!
joshk1986 Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 10:48 AM | 80376
bring the requests on! :)
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 12:59 PM | 80378
bring the requests on! :)

I just got a burst of inspiration from your gnature...

Pit someone against... THE THING!
joshk1986 Thursday 8/11/2011 at 04:58 AM | 80426