Forums Horror Movie Talk
A Look At Horror Tag Lines: What Are Some Of Your Favorites?

When it comes to adverting film, everything is important, from the poster art, to how much of the story is conveyed in the trailer. Adverting is about getting your product seen, but more importantly remembered. Tag lines are a kind of branding slogan that creates a (hopefully) memorable phrase, expresng the central theme, and feel of a movie. If popular enough, some even live on to become part of popular culture, such as " In Space No One Can Hear You Scream"-Aliens. When it comes to horror, you will find tag lines ranging for captivating, to just plain cheezy. I thought I'd take a look at some of my personal favorite tag lines used in horror over the years.

Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.- Army Of Darkness

Death doesn’t take no for an answer. - Final Destination

Don't go in the water. - Jaws

In space, no one can eat ice cream. - Killer Klowns From Outer Space

It takes all kinds of critters to make farmer Vincent’s fritters. - Motel Hell

Buy a bag, go home in a box. - Popcorn

Man is the warmest place to hide. - The ThingSo there's a few of my favorites, what are some of yours?
HorrorDaily Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 10:31 PM | 80335
I FREAKING LOVE "POPCORN"!!!! I *dream* of having an all horror-movie marathon at a small historic theater, and featuring this flick <3
dew Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 10:53 PM | 80337
"By sword, by pick, by axe, bye bye", The Mutilator

"People of Earth, Your planet is about to be destroyed. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience", TerrorVion

"Read the fine print. You may have just mortgaged your life.", The House by the Cemetery

"If this one doesn't scare you, you're already dead.", Phantasm

"First they greet you, then they eat you", Blood Diner

"The good. The bad. The Satanic." Ghost Town

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...you can't get to it." Blood Beach

"From the director of Animal House...a different kind of animal." An American Werewolf in London

"You have the right to remain lent...forever!" Maniac Cop

"The only thing more terrifying than the last 12 minutes of this film are the first 92." Suspiria
ObscureCinema101 Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 11:05 PM | 80338
"Wanna play a game?" - Saw series

"We all go a little mad sometimes... Haven't you?" - Psycho (1960 original)

"We have to convince the little housewife out there that the tomato that ate the family pet is not dangerous!" - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

"It's Halloween, everyone's entitled to one good scare." - Halloween (1978 original)

"The Night HE Came Home." - Halloween II
AMadSquirrel21 Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 11:06 PM | 80339
"You have the right to remain lent...forever!" Maniac CopI'm wearing a Maniac Cop shirt with that on it right now
HorrorDaily Tuesday 8/09/2011 at 11:27 PM | 80340
"You have the right to remain lent...forever!" Maniac CopI'm wearing a Maniac Cop shirt with that on it right now
ObscureCinema101 Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 12:01 AM | 80341
"This Time... It's Personal" - Jaws The Revenge
joshk1986 Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 09:25 AM | 80374

"It's Halloween, everyone's entitled to one good scare." - Halloween (1978 original)

"The Night HE Came Home." - Halloween II

i think you flipped these around. The first line is in the second film and the tagline you have for the second film is the tagline for the first (although i suppose it can be used for the second one as well, nce it's the same night). Just thought i'd clear that up.

night of the living dead- " They keep coming back in a bloodthirsty lust for HUMAN FLESH! "
nolifefan Sunday 8/14/2011 at 05:45 PM | 80617