Forums DVD & Blu-rays
BAD DREAMS / VISITING HOURS Double Feature: Coming To DVD This September

Shout! Factory is at it once again - and I'm sure glad for that, because I'm not sure what we would we do without these guys! Now listen very closely, because I'm really excited to break this news on HorrorBid - how would you feel if I told you that Bad Dreams and Viting Hours were both coming out on DVD this September? You'd probably be happier then a fat kid with a piece of cake - well it gets better - for the first time ever these two cult clascs from the 80s are going to be bundled together into one awesome double feature!! Hey don't thank us, thank the guys at Shout! Factory.

Here's the deets:

Bad Dreams(1988) and Viting Hours (1982) are going to be released de-by-de in a two-disc killer double-feature set which will be available on September 13th for only $13.98 + S&H. For advance ordering information, vit Shout! Factory's webte

HERE.

Bad Dream: Special Features

Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1:78:1) New Dolby Digital 5.1 Soundtrack Commentary with writer/director Andrew Fleming Interviews with actors Jennifer Rubin, Bruce Abbott, Richard Lynch and Dean Cameron The Special Effects of Bad Dreams Behind-the-Scenes of Bad Dreams’ Original Ending Theatrical Trailer

Bad Dreams -- In the mid-1970s the members of the love cult Unity Fields sought “the ultimate joining” by doung themselves with gasoline and committing mass suicide. A young girl blown clear of the fiery exploon was the only survivor. Thirteen years later, Cynthia (Jennifer Rubin, Screamers) awakens from a coma inde a psychiatric hospital with only buried memories of that horrific day — but now her fellow patients are each being driven to their own violent suicides. Has the sect’s leader (Richard Lynch, Deathsport) returned to claim his final child? Bruce Abbott (Re-Animator) co-stars in the intense shocker Bad Dreams from director Andrew Fleming (The Craft) and producer Gale Anne Hurd (Punisher: War Zone, The Incredible Hulk).

Viting Hours: Special Features

Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.78.1) Theatrical trailer, radio and TV spots

Viting Hours -- Academy Award–winner Lee Grant (Best Supporting Actress in 1975 for Shampoo) stars as outspoken TV journalist Deborah Ballin, whose crusade against domestic violence enrages a creepy loner (a truly disturbing performance by Michael Ironde, Scanners) in Viting Hours. He brutally attacks the anchorwoman in her home, but Ballin survives and is hospitalized. Her assailant is enraged; he is haunted by a horrific childhood trauma . . . and now he has hidden himself inde the hospital to finish what he started. Can anybody — including her concerned boss (William Shatner), a frantic nurse (Linda Purl, Happy Days) or Deborah herself — stop the psycho’s killing spree before it reaches ck new extremes?

Source: Shock Till You Drop
Anonymous Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 12:46 AM | 80347
I found Bad Dreams at Wizard World last year after searching out the film for a couple of years - first by synops trying to find the title, and then looking for a copy. Sadly, the one that I have is very poorly made. Very glad to see this coming to legal release.
dew Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 01:05 AM | 80348
Viting Hours really should be more widely known. It doesn't have any gore or nudity, but it focuses on Halloween-esque scares and suspense. I haven't seen Bad Dreams, but it has the awesome Richard Lynch in it, so I'll probably buy this.
ObscureCinema101 Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 02:42 AM | 80356
There both good movies Jim, I can't believe you never seen Bad Dreams.

I'll agree with ya on Viting Hours. I can't believe how many people have never seen it. It's a shame because it's such a good movie, and Michael Ironde plays a really good "bad guy" in this one.
Anonymous Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 02:58 AM | 80358
I'll agree with ya on Viting Hours. I can't believe how many people have never seen it. It's a shame because it's such a good movie, and Michael Ironde plays a really good "bad guy" in this one.

I've never encountered Viting Hours myself, but now I'm doubly intrigued with Michael Ironde in a potive role for a change! He's been the go-to bad guy for most of his career.

I don't think Bad Dreams is as widely known either, which is a damn shame. There are certain scenes in that film that I couldn't get out of my head for years, even when I was unsure of the actual title of the film.
dew Wednesday 8/10/2011 at 11:35 AM | 80377