Forums Horror Movie Talk
Justin Lin Talks The Terminator 5 With James Cameron & Arnold Schwarzenegger

We have a little more news to report concerning the Terminator 5 movie which has been in limbo for quite some time. Nothing major, but nonetheless it still something.

According to indieWIRE director Justin Lin has met with James Cameron & Arnold Schwarzenegger to discuss the upcoming film in which he's been rumored to direct.

"'Terminator' is something I've been having a lot of fun with," Lin said in an interview to support forthcoming video release of 'Fast Five.' "Just even this week, I had a great meeting with Arnold and James Cameron, just tting down unofficially. And James is so gracious because he's not part of the project, he's not going to be producing, but it was great of him just as a filmmaker to take time out to just talk."

Following his meeting with Cameron and Schwarzenegger, Lin gnified that his pason for 'Terminator'

was bolstered, however there still wasn't any concrete indication that T5 would be the next film for him after 'Fast and Furious 6. "I don't know where it's going to lead, but I never thought at this level I'm going to be able to meet filmmakers and be in tuations where they're that gracious and inghtful and so incluve," Lin said "And that's a franchise that I'm working on right now, but again, if I'm going to be kind of the gatekeeper to it, I want to make sure that I can hopefully build it up the right way – and so far that's been the most fun. Just to be able to take James Cameron's brain and for him to be so open even though he has no stakes in it, just as a human being, that's something that I will always remember as a part of my journey as a filmmaker."

Source: indieWIRE
Anonymous Friday 8/12/2011 at 07:38 PM | 80523