Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Prowler vs The Burning vs My Bloody Valentine!!!

All great clasc slashers! They really aren't mainstream and the average person wouldn't know about these because the killers aren't Jason or Freddy!

So, out of these three, which is the best in your eyes?

For me its

My Bloody Valentine

The Prowler The Burning

How about you guys?!
100loops Sunday 8/14/2011 at 05:36 PM | 80616
The Burning then My Bloody Valentine and then The Prowler. Cropsy is my all time favorite and then Harry next and unfortunately even though I own The Prowler I have never gotten into it like the other two.
cropsy Monday 8/15/2011 at 12:39 PM | 80676
The Burning then My Bloody Valentine and then The Prowler. Cropsy is my all time favorite and then Harry next and unfortunately even though I own The Prowler I have never gotten into it like the other two.

The Prowler is actually a pretty shitty film. I own it as well, and every now and then check it out for the nostalgia, but when you're being honest with yourself, it's tough to not admit how crappy the flick is. It's ngle redeemable quality is Savini's work, that's it, literally. You know damn well who the killer is 10 minutes into the film, the acting was pretty damn mediocre, ahh, damn near everything about the movie is a technical disaster. Strange I can still find a way to enjoy it lmao

Burning is one of the most underrated slashers from the 80's - no question. It's also a superior flick to the original MBV, which I do get a kick out of.
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 8/27/2011 at 07:11 PM | 81658
Hate The Prowler, movie totally sucks compared to both MBV and The Burning.

I'd have go with The Burning over MBV.
kennyxedge Sunday 8/28/2011 at 12:05 AM | 81675
I have tried to force myself to like The Prowler, but I agree with you guys. Suck bomb. My Bloody Valentine's the best out of the three. The Burning's a close second.
ObscureCinema101 Sunday 8/28/2011 at 12:09 AM | 81678
im going with MBV then The Prowler then finally The Burning iv always thought of The Burning as being quite a fun film and The Prowler is quite a dark film. and MBV seems to have stuck with me as a damn good film although ill have to rewatch it soon see if my memory is working :)
scarecroww Sunday 8/28/2011 at 08:19 AM | 81693
BMV is best out of the three, Second is The Burning.
SplatteriPoika Wednesday 9/28/2011 at 04:09 AM | 83386
The Burning>MBV>The Prowler
BloodBass Monday 10/03/2011 at 03:27 PM | 83723