Forums Horror Collectibles
Breathtaking Custom Horror Paintings! A Look At "Art By Mark"

This is truly a fun article for me to write because not only is about one of the most talented artists in the world but it is also about a friend of mine. This friendship began way back when HorrorBid started in 2007 and our relationship as friends has continued to grow.

I first meet "ArtMark" back in early 2007 when I was heavy into horror collecting. I belonged to a great message board called Michael-Myers.net, which is still kicking to this day. I collected everything under the sun but Michael Myers was my obseson. From custom Myers latex masks to replica knives and original posters, my dere to own anything and everything Myers related soon led to an obseson with horror collecting in general.

Enter "ArtMark". As I was pursuing the message board one day, I noticed an ad for some of Mark's paintings. I immediately clicked on the link and was left in awe as I gazed my eyes on one cool painting after another. Mark was mainly doing Michael Myers at the time but he also had a collection of other characters from Jason to Freddy and even a few Leatherface's in the mix. I immediately knew I must own a few.

I made my first purchase, it was a black and white 16x20 acrylic/oil painting of Michael Myers in the famous "hedge scene" from the original HALLOWEEN. Once I got it in I took it out of the package and was amazed. The detail Mark puts into his painting is something you truly need to witness.

After my first experience I thought I would pick up the phone and get a little one on one time with the artist. Get to know him and see if I could pick his brain for a few more custom paintings I could line my house with. This soon struck up a friendship and before I knew it I had commisoned Mark to do two 16x20 acrylic/oil EVIL DEAD paintings which are pictured below. Bright, vibrant and full of contrast was what I asked for and Mark delivered in spades.

These painting left such an impreson on me that the "Cabin in the Woods' painting hangs proudly above our entertainment center in our family room. While the lovely "Cheryl in the Fruit Cellar" painting hangs in my office. I have been offerend many, many thousands of dollars to part with these butes but I can never pull the trigger. Not only are they one of a kind but they are breathtaking and always an instant eye grabber whenever someone vits. They always garner a "where in the world did you get that at?" question soon followed by "how do I order?".

Well, for awhile Mark continued to teach art and focus on that area of his life but a few weeks ago I noticed my friend once again back and on Facebook. I immediately got ahold of him and yes, he is back creating brilliant pieces for the public once again.

After catching up with my old friend I thought it was time to share my love for his paintings with the rest of you Bidites. Below is just the scratch of the surface of what Mark is capable of. Most are for sale and Mark is always willing to work with clients for that "perfect" piece. Mark loves horror and it shows.

Check out a few of the paintings below (the first two are mine and are staying that way, lol) and the others are for sale. Also be sure to check out his Facebook link to see more and for ordering info. Thanks for allowing me to share my stories and such a talented horror artist with all of you.

Take care, Justin

Follow this link to view more paintings and inquire about sales:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002587671804

http://i54.tinypic.com/301zecn.jpg" class="photoborder" />

And this one below is not for sale but I have to show it off:

Follow this link to view more paintings and inquire about sales:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002587671804
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 12:23 AM | 80702
Some of the best paintings anyone could have. I hope to one of these days get

a few of these also.
cropsy Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 12:30 AM | 80703
Thanks Justin for the nice write-up. I think "the best horror painter on the planet" might be bal gogos IMO, but i really appreciate the awesome send up and your praise for my artwork. best regards, Mark.
artmark Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 02:46 PM | 80768
RIP Donald Pleasence, he was the shit.
ShaneInTheBrain Thursday 8/18/2011 at 01:42 AM | 80932
Mark is a great guy and an amazing artist.

I have 3 pieces from him and they are items I will never sell... they mean a lot to me.

His art influenced my own, and I'm glad to see him back again.

Nice writeup Justin.
DarkArtist81 Monday 8/22/2011 at 03:25 PM | 81300