Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Crow Remake: Bradley Cooper Out - Channing Tatum Or Mark Wahlberg In...

As reported several months back Relativity is remaking the supernatural action movie the Crow which is based on the 1990s James O'Barr comic. Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is set to direct and Bradley Cooper was rumored to be playing the title character of Eric Draven, but it's now being

reported by The Hollywood Reporter that Cooper has exited the project due to scheduling conflicts.

So your probably wondering who is going to rise from the ashes of Cooper to play the part of the Crow - actually two new names are circulating as being posble replacements: Channing Tatum and Mark Wahlberg.

It’s still too early to predict what will happen with either Tatum or Walhberg, or for all we know there may be other actors that can posbly join the fray. But one thing does remain certain - Relativity is pretty keen on not wasting any more time.

With the studio still hands deep in a litigation with The Weinstein Co. over distribution rights to the film. Harvey and Co. believe they have a deal to release the film but Relativity argues that the Weinsteins forfeited their right by, among other things, botching the release of the expenve Relativity-backed flop Nine. That case is currently undergoing arbitration.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Anonymous Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 01:17 AM | 80707
Dear God, please do NOT let it be Wahlberg. Please please please.
dew Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 01:36 AM | 80708
At least he's way better than Channing Tatum. lol. Neither are any good though. Not even slightly.
weaponx Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 02:10 AM | 80709
Dear God, please do NOT let it be Wahlberg. Please please please. LOL. Why not? Its not like Draven's character calls for a top-notch actor.
AgnesItsMeBilly Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 02:28 AM | 80711
LOL. Why not? Its not like Draven's character calls for a top-notch actor.

Dude annoys the fuck outta me.I mean it goes without saying that it shouldn't be redone in the first place (ffs with the remakes already) but casting that twit is just adding insult to injury.
dew Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 02:31 AM | 80712
I HATE Marky Mark! At least Bradley Cooper is a good actor. This just went south in a BIG way for me personally.
Shakelford, J. Rusty Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 03:21 AM | 80713
I believe it would be wise for Wahlberg to stick to comedy for awhile..

Have you seen "The other guys"!?

He was Hilarious in that! I was very surprised..

As for this "The Crow" ReMake...

I really couldn't care less about who's in it, or who's doing what with it!

Remakes & unoriginality do not have my support.
ubersteigen Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 04:35 AM | 80716
I kind of like Mark in a "he's so bad he's good" kind of way. Plus, Boogie Nights is one of my alltime faves. Having said that, i totally get why people don't like him or take him seriously.
AgnesItsMeBilly Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 08:26 AM | 80742
I like Mark Wahlberg, I don't think he's a bad actor at all, I think what he does suffer from is inconstency. Some films and performances are good, some aren't.

I for one feel a bit uneasy that they're remaking The Crow at all. I love the original and it's that I'm a hater of remakes (I'm not) but I really feel that the 1994 clasc was Brandon Lee's opus and that film should stay sacred. Remaking it (and 99.9% guaranteeing that it won't better the original) seems pointless and uncool.
joshk1986 Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 11:20 AM | 80752
I like Mark Wahlberg, I don't think he's a bad actor at all, I think what he does suffer from is inconstency. Some films and performances are good, some aren't.

I for one feel a bit uneasy that they're remaking The Crow at all. I love the original and it's that I'm a hater of remakes (I'm not) but I really feel that the 1994 clasc was Brandon Lee's opus and that film should stay sacred. Remaking it (and 99.9% guaranteeing that it won't better the original) seems pointless and uncool.

I think my issues with Wahlberg primarily stem from him being a total dick. I dislike people who forget where they came from once they achieve a modicum of mainstream success.

I'm with you on uneaness over the remake. It used to be really bad sequels ruining the horror genre and now it seems to be really bad - and utterly pointless - remakes. Certain films should just be left alone, and this is one of them. I mean what's next, Poltergeist? ... Oh wait.
dew Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 11:39 AM | 80756
Wahlberg isn't going to do it. I'm not even sure why THR is reporting this when Whalberg made it EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY clear he wouldn't touch the project way back in October of 2010. I really can't see Mark changing his mind - he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders (nowadays) when it comes to picking roles, and I can't imagine he changed his mind.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 01:31 PM | 80760
Cooper would have done a great job as Erik Draven.

I would go with Mark Walberg. I cannot stand Tatum....It will turn into a chick flick. No thank you
TheShape1188 Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 08:54 PM | 80814
Weren't the sequels and the show already crappy enough and ruin worthy of this franchise?

A franchise who's original lead actor was killed on set.

If that isn't a gn that you should leave well enough alone, I don't know what is.Is there some sort of legislation that states that only remakes or sequels can be in production right now?

Leave a franchise alone, please!

KB24 Thursday 8/18/2011 at 10:02 PM | 81047