Forums Horror Movie Talk
John Carpenter's 'The Ward' Hits Shelves Today!

Being an unbridled fan of John Carpenter, I found it necessary to drop a brief reminder on the horrorbid community: The Ward officially arrives on DVD and Bu-ray today!

The Ward has received mixed reviews from critics, but that may not be an appropriate measuring stick. This is a film that needs to be viewed in order to draw your own personal concluons. Let’s not forget after all that The Fog, Prince of Darkness and Halloween II (which Carpenter penned, not directed) were all met with sketchy embrace by media, and all of them turned out to be quality pictures.

DVD Details:

* Commentary by John Carpenter and Jared Harris * Theatrical Trailer

Picture presented in Widescreen Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1

Blu-ray Details:

* Commentary by John Carpenter and Jared Harris * Theatrical trailer

Picture presented in Widescreen Audio: DTS HD Master

The Ward stars Amber Heard, Mamie Gummer, Danielle Panabaker and Jared Harris. Michael and Shawn Rasmussen penned the screenplay.

http://youtu.be/buF-keImNYk

Synops:

In John Carpenter’s The Ward, Kristen, a beautiful but troubled young woman, finds herself bruised, cut, drugged, and held against her will in a remote ward of a Psychiatric Hospital.

She is completely disoriented, with no idea why she was brought to this place and no memory of her life before being admitted. All she knows is that she isn’t safe. The other patients in the ward, four equally disturbed young women, offer no answers, and Kristen quickly realises things are not as they seem.

The air is heavy with secrets, and at night, when the hospital is dark and foreboding, she hears strange and frightening sounds. It appears they are not alone. One-by-one the other girls begin to disappear and Kristen must find a way out of this hellish place before she, too, becomes a victim. As she struggles to escape, she will uncover a truth far more dangerous and horrifying than anyone could have imagined.
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 04:47 PM | 80776
I dig creepy hospital settings, so I will definitely have to check this out.
dew Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 05:13 PM | 80779
Went to pick this up today and no store In my area has it on shelves and I even had this day on my calandar waitin to pick it up, sadly i have to wait until the next day I'm off to go into another city and see if they have it.
AJxSCREAMx87 Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 07:42 PM | 80801
Damn, I didn't even know this hit theaters yet! ..Or is this a straight to dvd release!?

I remember coming across the trailer several months ago and thinking "What the Fuck!?"... Sanitariums are NOT full of beautiful young ladies! You'll actually find the COMPLETE OPPOTE in American sanitariums!

(Trust me, I know)... But that's just typical bad horror-movie bullshit I suppose! LoLz..
ubersteigen Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 08:33 PM | 80807
"Carpenter proves he is still a the master of Shock"....

It would be more shocking if he actually researched the conditions of American sanitariums today, and the people within them.. I guarantee you those horror stories are a hell of a lot more shocking!
ubersteigen Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 08:48 PM | 80810
it had a limited run in theaters, good zed festival stint. Its on disc today officially. I was really surprised to find it was an extremely easy pick up where i'm at (city of less than 100,000k and limited locales).
Matt_Molgaard Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 09:09 PM | 80816
Cannot wait to grab one
TheShape1188 Wednesday 8/17/2011 at 12:52 AM | 80832
Damn, I didn't even know this hit theaters yet! ..Or is this a straight to dvd release!?

I remember coming across the trailer several months ago and thinking "What the Fuck!?"... Sanitariums are NOT full of beautiful young ladies! You'll actually find the COMPLETE OPPOTE in American sanitariums!

(Trust me, I know)... But that's just typical bad horror-movie bullshit I suppose! LoLz..

The pretty people found in films are rarely encountered in real life ANYWHERE. Just like skinny pretty tcom wives are never married to fat loudmouths and no one can ever actually afford the stylish apartments they live in. Every form of film comes with a necessary suspenon of disbelief.
dew Wednesday 8/17/2011 at 01:23 PM | 80885
Not a bad little flick.

My complete review....

http://horror101.ca/?page_id=137
cash Saturday 8/20/2011 at 07:27 PM | 81199