Forums Horror Collectibles
"Toxic Shock" FRIDAY THE 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan Costume

Available soon. This veron will feature the "toxic green" damage as seen on Jason's head, arms, and mask after he was splashed with the green waste. I fully repainted a hock from El's studio, which was more tan and I wanted it more yellow and dirtier, and added some toxic run stains etc. I glossed it with a medium gloss nce it is the end look and would have some more wear etc. Not sure if the camera will capture it but these skin parts are my best ones yet, and are a multitude of colors with the paler fleshtone base, darker browns and blacks, etc.

I also made some pretty cool moss pieces as well. I completely repainted a Rubies part 7 mask also, and dry brushed all the darker colors into the crevices etc, (nce I sold all my part 8 masks as they are too small or too big) to look like the end scene after Jason rips his hockey mask off after getting splashed with toxic ooze, and his flesh is melting down gray. Was my first almost complete paint up or modifying a hock, hope to do more from scratch sometime if I get time. Sun washes a lot of colors out, so will have get more pics later when it goes down some. But so far it is coming along great and should be done soon, more updates to come!

I will just post a video of most of the pics to save time.

sirbrad Tuesday 8/16/2011 at 06:19 PM | 80789
Got all the cuts and fraying done, as well as my custom made moss parts. Turning out ck! Next up painting and more fraying.

:)

sirbrad Thursday 8/18/2011 at 05:25 PM | 80987
Nice work! Jason looked so slimy and gross in this one.
AgnesItsMeBilly Thursday 8/18/2011 at 08:23 PM | 81025
Got the wet and slimy look added, might be tough to see in pics but the shirt and pants have a wet look on most of the areas. Got the lighter, cooler looking "toxic ooze" that looks like it would glow in the dark, and is very hazardous. Shows up better than the darker one. Flash overembellished the last but wanted to show the color some. Looks a lot better outdoors, which I will be doing again once complete.

sirbrad Saturday 8/20/2011 at 01:31 AM | 81157
Just about complete, this is not bulked up as it is more of costume than a life-zed, and my mannequin has wider arms which stretches it out. But this will fit regular mannequins well. Should be done soon, doing the finishing touches now.

sirbrad Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 02:49 AM | 81431
Finishing up now, did video with my older camera and also working on my new HD one once I figure it all out. Costume tests still to come. Should fit my ze and slightly taller perfectly as I said the clothes are kinda small for my larger one that I customized, so it makes the sleeves looks shorter, and I had to pull the latex all the way down to cover the hand. But it is more a of costume to fit up to 6'2" or with some bulk.

sirbrad Wednesday 8/24/2011 at 08:42 PM | 81477
Some daylight only pics.

sirbrad Thursday 8/25/2011 at 06:16 PM | 81542
WOW. I'm impressed. How long did this take you all together?
AgnesItsMeBilly Thursday 8/25/2011 at 08:44 PM | 81550
Thanks! Well I do several at once, but generally about 4 weeks. 6-8 longest if I am swamped wiht work. I try not to rush them though so they are done right.
sirbrad Thursday 8/25/2011 at 09:44 PM | 81555
Got a new HD camcorder and testing it out. Added the mesh in the eyes to make it more authentic looking. Working on costume vids next which should bring the sleeves down where they should be. Here are some last pics with the mesh and my first HD video test.

Jason Takes Manhattan Costume Toxic Shock - YouTube
sirbrad Friday 8/26/2011 at 11:31 PM | 81610
Some costume tests I did with my old camera, got some HD ones coming later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et3uVaMcdr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M8-l89SXv0
sirbrad Saturday 8/27/2011 at 07:13 PM | 81659
Couple costume pics, came out dark with no flash but I liked how they came out. I tried to replicate the scene where Jason was in the blue lighting when he slit the Captain's throat while it was thundering and lightning.

sirbrad Sunday 8/28/2011 at 03:37 AM | 81685