Forums Off Topic
home made Tumbler (Batmobile) INCREDIBLE

So I saw this and was completely blow away . .. Sam, get to work buddy LOL.

Bob Dullam built a full ze working replica of The Tumbler from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The whole thing was built from scratch without blueprints, ung only photo references found online. The total cost is an estimated $50,000-$70,000. He did the project for fun, and does not plan to sell. “You wouldn’t want to sell this if you had one, believe me,” Bob writes “It’s a once in a lifetime project. I did this alone, no help. I have found with other things in the past that if you have help, the help often does not get it right, and you have to do it over 95% of the time, plus I like to work alone. All parts are scratch built, cept’ tires, rims, brakes, engine, etc.. meaning all bodyparts, brackets, just about everything external on the car.”

There is still more work to do. The interior is not finished, but Bob promises that it will look as close to the interior shots from Batman Begins as posble. “It feels like climbing Mt. Everest half way up, you start to wounder if this wasn’t a big mistake. Then you realize that you are too far to quit. In fact, quitting is now not an option. Because if you do quit, you will have set a precedence about yourself, and all up to this point will become a huge disaster. You get a little farther, now you look down and view is breathtaking. So on an emotional level this car is giving back to you, what you gave to it. It makes you start to think that, If you can do this, then you can make anything happen if you really want to. It revitalizes faith in yourself. This is not supposed to be posble. Not at this social/economic level.”

Up next, Bob wants to build a Batpod. From what I understand, the bike from the movie was actually impracticably engineered, and only one guy in the world was able to ride it. Hopefully Bob decides to modify the original degns a bit for usability. And yes, he’s already begun work on a Batsuit
DaShape Tuesday 8/12/2008 at 02:41 AM | 16631
Wow....

kweandee Tuesday 8/12/2008 at 03:07 AM | 16638
Damn I'd love to roll up to work in that!
deathrisingup Tuesday 8/12/2008 at 11:23 AM | 16655
Wow....Wow indeed. And DAMN.
Myers31TKD Friday 8/15/2008 at 03:47 PM | 16802
impresve but that is NOT the batmobile and never will be

there is only one
Johnny Bisco Friday 8/15/2008 at 04:22 PM | 16804
impresve but that is NOT the batmobile and never will be

there is only one

Amen brother!
lblambert Friday 8/15/2008 at 07:47 PM | 16828
Just had to post this snapshot of Justin's driveway:

lblambert Friday 8/15/2008 at 11:56 PM | 16863

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the funniest shit ive seen all day!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Saturday 8/16/2008 at 12:09 AM | 16866

I would MUCH rather drive this around any time over that new school one.
FilmFiends Saturday 8/16/2008 at 01:54 AM | 16871

If I saw this driving down my street I would throw eggs at it.

Worst custom car ever. I guarantee the person who drives it works at McDonalds.
FilmFiends Saturday 8/16/2008 at 01:56 AM | 16872

I would MUCH rather drive this around any time over that new school one. AMEN BRUDDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Saturday 8/16/2008 at 02:03 AM | 16873
This guy makes some amazing things! The tumbler is just one of them. He did a batman forever batmobile as well
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 8/16/2008 at 02:30 AM | 16875
very cool...but you guys do realize this isn't just joe blo off the street right? this is one of the 2 man team of Dullam-Causey Creations.....so this isn't like one of us doing this in our garages on the weekend....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 8/16/2008 at 05:25 AM | 16899
I know exactly who they are. I have personally worked on cars for 8-10 years profesonally and have worked with the likes of Chip Fuse and Boyd Cottington. The only difference is we did show cars and hot rods along with all types of clascs. What the dullan's are doing is building replica movie cars and that's very impresve but at the same time just isn't the same. Both are hand made and fabricated from the ground up but are two completely different animals. That tumbler deserves nothing but respect for the time put into it and the money as well.
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 8/16/2008 at 03:23 PM | 16912
That tumbler is amazing!!! I would love to roll up in one of those.As far as my favorite?it is the 89' batmobile.The original is just too cheesy, and I never really liked the old school batman shows.
wickedbeard Friday 8/22/2008 at 03:54 PM | 17368
That tumbler is amazing!!! I would love to roll up in one of those.As far as my favorite?it is the 89' batmobile.The original is just too cheesy, and I never really liked the old school batman shows. BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Friday 8/22/2008 at 08:11 PM | 17381
Got to agree with Wickedbeard, the clasc Batman show with Adam West although funny for the first 5 minutes just has too much cheese for me to really get into it. I hated the Tumbler at first but it has really grown on me and in the more realistic world they are trying to portray with the new Dark Knight franchise I think it fits really well. A "Batmobile" of any kind really would not work IMO....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 8/22/2008 at 08:25 PM | 17382