Forums Horror Movie Talk
Ridley Scott to Helm New 'Blade Runner' Film

Ridley Scott will be returning to a familiar story with an update to his iconic 1982 film Blade Runner. The scifi clasc has been in and out of the news for months with talks of posble reboot, remake, sequel or prequel, with director Michael Bay attached to it at some point, but a Huffpost article out today names the original film's director as taking lead on the new film.

There is still no word as to what form the film will take, whether it will take place before or after the original, or be a reboot of the first entirely.

More information here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/1 ... 30593.html
dew Thursday 8/18/2011 at 08:05 PM | 81012
Good God I hope Michael Action eff Bay stays far away from any Blade Runner Material! I was, however, hoping Prometheus was going to tie together both Alien and Blade Runner.

That could still happen I suppose, but I also like BR in all its incarnations as it is and wouldn't want a remake.

There are so many other Philip K. Dick works that are just now starting to get noticed.

Some of them ought to get proper adaptations- not just remakes- before we tread old ground again and again.
KB24 Thursday 8/18/2011 at 09:37 PM | 81037
I don't know if Hollywood knows HOW to make a proper adaptation anymore. The Lord of the Rings trilogy seems to have sapped the film industry for it's last shreds of decency in translating other forms of media into film!

PS: Maleficent rules.
dew Thursday 8/18/2011 at 11:27 PM | 81059