Forums Horror Movie Talk
Holy Freaking Schnikes Another Amityville Movie Announced!!

Too much of a one thing is good for nothing - so says's my mom. And that may be the case for this latest Amityville flm which is now the FOURTH project that's been announced this year involving the creepy house from Long Island, New York.

Bloody-Disgusting dropped the news which has we scratching my head. Don't get me wrong a new Amityville movie might be cool if done right, but FOUR? C'mon Hollywood!!

This new tale entitled the Amityville Haunting is allegedly based on another real life crime which involves the true story of the Benson family. Steven Benson, who was the oldest son of the family, was accused of the pipe-bomb murders of both his mother and adopted brother. The film is said to be shot in the infamous "found footage" style which will tell the tale of a "new family" that moved into the infamous Amityville house. I'm assuming the "new family" is the Benson's. Geoff Meed will be directing the film that's currently casting in LA for a shoot.

Other projects announced earlier included:

The Amityville Tapes, which Dimenon Films is developing as an official sequel. Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands are directing. This has also been confirmed, so it's gonna happen.

Film Regions International is developing My Amityville Horror which is a documentary by Eric Walter which revolves around the infamous Amityville Murders. With the help of Daniel Lutz, the eldest son of George and Kathleen Lutz, this documentary hopes to set the records straight.

The Amityville: The Legacy 3D (c'mon you had to know one of these was gonna be in 3D) is going to be based on the book Amityville: The Evil Escapes by John G. Jones.

So out of the four, which one sounds most appealing??
Anonymous Saturday 8/20/2011 at 12:47 AM | 81153
If they have it in 3D with Ryan Reynolds in it again then that would be most pleang to the eyes :) if not then it should not be remade again...
BloodyAdored Saturday 8/20/2011 at 12:52 AM | 81154
not too excited for any of them, although my dumbass will fork out some moolah to see em all, most likely.

damn this addiction.
Matt_Molgaard Saturday 8/20/2011 at 05:26 PM | 81191
After the last crapfest, I'll definitely choose the documentary.
gummi Monday 8/22/2011 at 01:47 AM | 81275