Forums Horror Movie Reviews
"STIR OF ECHOS" Is Sure To Stir Some Emotion From You : Review

1999 was a great year, we got The Matrix, Fight Club, Boondock Saints, all sorts of movies I hold in great respect. Kevin Bacon also did his last horror film ( unless you count Hollow Man) the same year, that being of course, Stir Of Echos.

Kevin Bacon plays Tom Witzky, a telephone repair man, and a family man. Not a man who believes in the paranormal, Tom challenges his ster in law, Lisa, to hypnotize him, and of course it works. While under, Lisa

plants a suggestion in his head, one to "be more open-minder". You really have to be careful with how you word things. Tom starts to experience creepy vions, of violence towards a young girl. A young girl who has been misng...

At it's core, Stir Of Echos is a paranormal mystery film, with some horror elements. The horror de of things comes in creepy images, vions, and all around mood the film inspires to evoke in the viewer. The dark tone of the movie, really helped me get into, and I felt genuinely concerned as to the outcome of the mystery.

Stir Of Echos is very effect light, and there is almost no gore to it. That being said, when there is blood, or something of that nature, it is done quite well. There is a scene where a tooth is knocked out that I found to be quite brutal, maybe not Hills Have Eyes or Inde brutal, but still unnerving none the less.

While the mood the film emits is by far the highlight, the acting is a close second, with an amazing job done by my main man Kevin Bacon. Kevin Bacon is one of those actors I will watch in anything, and if you like him in this, watch The Woodsman, for what is ultimately his best performance to date. Illeana Douglas also does a wonderful job as Lisa, and carries the role with the same charm she is known for.

So while not strictly horror in the usually sense of what I review, I think Stir Of Echos is a great movie, and deserves to be seen at least once.

Score - 85% Gore - 2/10

http://youtu.be/pC5OU5Y5ReY
HorrorDaily Saturday 8/20/2011 at 11:47 PM | 81215
damn, this was going to be my next film vs literature piece :( lol
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 8/21/2011 at 01:04 AM | 81220
Than definitively do it, I'd love to read that piece!
HorrorDaily Sunday 8/21/2011 at 01:57 AM | 81221